5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Not Running from Steam on new Laptop

Got a new laptop and was setting up FGC(from Steam, Full) and when I tried to launch the program a red Windows box comes up "This app can't run on this PC, To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher" then a program window saying "FGSteamLauncher: Unable to start Fantasy Grounds client, Error 1223"

i ran the program fine on my main computer fine...Also windows 10 16-bit version 1903
    No Anti Virus software on it(at moment) beside windows firewall(which shows it clear to private and public connections)

I have:
    Run them under admin
    Rebooted
    Reinstalled from steam and from the web

Side Note: Unity version installs then goes through one update and finishes then tries to start a second and never does anything after "Beginning Update", not frozen(can cancel out without pause) and the launch button still grayed out

CPU:
    i9
    8GB
    Windows 10 64-bit
    500GB SSD

We just had an issue with the FGC update server a couple hours ago; and we just got it back online. It should be good to go now.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm actually running into the same issue. I'm having some trouble locating a thread that solves the issue :c. Is there a thread that I can get a link to with a solution.

I have tried the following to resolve the issue:
    Run the game in administrator mode
    Turned off firewalls
    Turned off Antivirus
    Rebooted
    Reinstalled from steam and from the web

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Can you try going to your Fantasy Grounds application folder specified in the FG Settings, and delete FantasyGrounds.exe?
    (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\)

Then, please run the FGUpdaterEngine.exe application and let it run a new Update to grab the correct program file.

Regards,
    JPG

I deleted the application and ran the updater as requested. It told me that everything was up to date, but running the "FGUpdaterEngine.exe" did not replace the "FantasyGrounds.exe". Should I verify the game cache in Steam to get it repaired?

Thanks for the help!

Sorry to be a pain and ping the thread, but is it possible you have any other steps for me to try T.T?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor101 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain and ping the thread, but is it possible you have any other steps for me to try T.T?
    Download the normal FG installer and try installing with that: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe

This is all that Steam uses to run FG - there is no Steam specific install for Windows PCs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information