DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU migrating world map mask layers

Apologies for the FGU noobie question here but I hunted around through the sticky, FAQ and first handful of pages of forum questions and couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to pull fog of war masks in from my old campaign into the migrated campaign. I'm not worried about the dungeon masks because we will move to use the new line of sight scheme, it's more about things like the revealed sections of the world map. I know the file name but couldn't see a way to load a mask layer from a file or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeleyes View Post
    Apologies for the FGU noobie question here but I hunted around through the sticky, FAQ and first handful of pages of forum questions and couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to pull fog of war masks in from my old campaign into the migrated campaign. I'm not worried about the dungeon masks because we will move to use the new line of sight scheme, it's more about things like the revealed sections of the world map. I know the file name but couldn't see a way to load a mask layer from a file or something like that.
    The methodology for storing image masks in FGC and FGU are very different. FGC stores the mask as image file, whereas FGU's masks are store as polygons. FGC masks do not import into FGU.

Ok. Many thanks for the quick response. So it just looks like I need run both versions and transfer the visited sections of the sword coast as best as I can.

I wonder if there is a way to overlay one image on top of another (on different layers) to make it a little easier to redraw the mask as polygons in the right locations before removing it?

[edit] Well it looks like there is. Pull in the old image mask as a new picture layer, align it carefully with the map, cut holes in the gray areas of the mask before hiding or removing the mask layer.

mask1.JPG
    mask2.JPG
    Last edited by Steeleyes; March 26th, 2020 at 18:08.

Blog Entries
    If you look in your FGC campaign directory, you'll see a folder named "maskedimages." In that folder are PNG files for the map masks. You could copy those files into your FGU campaign images directory and then add them as a layer to the FGU map to use as a guide.

Yes thanks. Exactly as you say. I included a couple of pictures in the post above showing during and after the edit.

Thread Information