DICE PACKS BUNDLE

User can't see images

Hi,

I have one player using the demo version of FG Unity (I'm on the Ultimate Unity) and he is not able to see any images that are shared to him. I mean none...not even the smallest of images. All he gets is the ? in the middle of the gray window. Nobody else is having this problem. His computer only has 6GB RAM which I thought might be part of the problem until I had him clear the FG cache and I shared this tiny image (I think it was called bar.jpg...literally just a line in the image, so should have been really tiny) and he got the same result. There was an error in the console which, regrettably, I didn't write down. Something about lower left frame out of bounds...In any case when I shared the small image the error did not repeat. Any idea what might be going on here? He was otherwise able to do everything else.

Errors are recorded in a file called console.log found inside the FG data folder. If you can grab a copy if that file for the DM and the player immediately after you share an image and post them here that might help. Also how much memory is FG using on his machine and what kind of graphics card does he have.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My console.log has only one line in it currently and it's not an error. I don't have the other info as we are done for the evening now. I'll try to get his console.log if he's still up. I don't know what kind of vid card he is using but I suspect it isn't fancy. Possibly just some intel garbage but I don;'t know for sure. Also I don't know how much mem FG was using. I know, I don't have a lot of info. I'll see what I can find out. Let's assume his vid card is low end (he doesn't play games on his PC at all) and that his RAM was low...6GB is not a lot. With Windows and Fantasy grounds running is probably about the limit he could do. Given these assumptions, RAM upgrade and possibly a better vid card? Maybe an nVidia 1000 series with 2-4GB vRAM? He won't want to spend a lot of money and I don't want to ask him to. I have already mentioned 6GB is not enough RAM to be comfortable and he was going to look into getting more.

We got him setup with more RAM and a reboot. Now the images are showing. I'll keep the above data points in mind if it happens again though.

Thread Information