DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Player purchased module not showing up for DM to activate

I purchased the DM Essentials bundle and a standard Unity subscription. When I join my DMs campaign I see the modules but they are disabled by GM. The GM goes under the modules and only sees SRD/Basic rules. He has an ultimate Unity sub. I tested this with another person on Discord which also had the same issue. I can activate the modules fine when I host a campaign. Issue is only present when I join a game.

Any help to get this fixed or a workaround would be greatly appreciated.

EtherealArcana

The person running the game (the GM) can only access the modules that they have bought themselves, and cannot access anything from those that connect to him (the players).

That is the way that it has always worked — only the hosts files are utilized.

If the player module is something that they created, they can get the file to the GM who can then put it in the appropriate folder within their FG installation.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

I purchased books to use. I was told that the GM should be able to enable those books for me to use only. This feature isn't working.

I believe there is currently an issue where modules owned by players, but not owned by GM, are not able to be authorized by the GM. The GM has not ever been able to access player modules; but should be able to authorize players to use modules. Only the GM can share their modules.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    The GM is supposed to be able to approve your modules for your use. But there have been several reports of this not working in FGU right now.

Ok that is the exact issue I am having. Sounds like you guys are aware of it. Any idea where it is on the priority list?

Similar situation here as well.

I am on FGU - Standard and have purchase CoS. My GM is on FGU - Ultimate and he is unable to enable or otherwise utilize my CoS components/modules.

GM should be able to approve you using the content. The GM will not be able to use it themselves, unless they own their own copy.

GM can 'share' their content to players while in the GM's campaign. Players can not share their content to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by etherealarcana View Post
    Any help to get this fixed or a workaround would be greatly appreciated.
    EtherealArcana
    One option would be to use Steam to purchase the package as a "gift" for your GM. If you bought the bundle from Smiteworks, they'll refund that one within 30 days, I believe.

Having the same or similar issue where I as player have several books, but the GM can't click on anything to activate them. Screen shoots from my end are like the image below, and the GM cannot change whether to allow them. Have tried double clicking, right clicking and also dragging the green icon from the other module window. Would be great if this was resolved.
    Player view.png

Running the latest FGU (07/07) and PFRPG ruleset.
    Last edited by Leonal; July 9th, 2020 at 15:07.

Thread Information