DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I'm trying to create Strahd's Animated Armor as a magic item.

Is it possible to take an action (Shocking Bolt from Strahd's Animated Armor) and apply that to a new item? This is 5e btw.
    Last edited by mitchutz; March 25th, 2020 at 11:50.

Yes. Just copy paste from one to the other.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I tried dragging the Shocking Bolt action from the monster to the item but it wouldn't "stick."

Blog Entries
    Dragging won't work (not compatible object types), edit (you might have to copy it before you can unlock it), select text, copy > paste

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Dragging won't work (not compatible object types), edit (you might have to copy it before you can unlock it), select text, copy > paste
    Okay, I did that. I made a test PC and gave him the item but the action doesn't show up on the sheet. Is it supposed to?

Blog Entries
    No. items don't automatically create effects/actions. (unless you are using the 5E Items Effect extension, which I don't know if it works in Unity atm)

You will need to create the action yourself. Or, if the spell creates the action, give the PC the spell then edit the action it creates to alter it to reflect it coming from the item.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Appreciate all the help so far (I am a noob). I installed this 5e Advanced Effects extension because it seemed cool. Anyway, can you help me convert

Ranged Spell Attack: +4 to hit (with advantage on the attack roll if the target is wearing armor made of metal), range 60 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (3d6) lightning damage.
    into whatever it should look like to become an action? I'm reading the wiki currently but I think this example would really help.

What you have is fine. You will have to do the Advantage bit manually since FG can't tell what armour the target is wearing. (IN other words press the ADV button when making the attack roll).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What you have is fine. You will have to do the Advantage bit manually since FG can't tell what armour the target is wearing. (IN other words press the ADV button when making the attack roll).
    But where would I type that in? In the Properties section of the armor? Or do I use the extension and paste that text under Advanced Effects?

EDIT: Ohhhh, am I supposed to just add a new "Power" to the character sheet with that text?
    Last edited by mitchutz; March 25th, 2020 at 18:59.

Yes, create a new power in the actions tab. More information here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...et#Actions-Tab

Thread Information