Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Possible to run FGC or FGU without installing on PC?

One of my players only has a work laptop (PC), and he can't install any programs on it. Any possibility for him to join, or is he screwed?

Blog Entries
    The program must be installed. It uses registry settings so I don't see how it can be run from a USB drive or similar. Sorry.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, there is no way to run without installing the software.

Regards,
    JPG

Bummer, but thanks for the quick responses!

There is one option. This assumes that you have the right licensing (GM has Ultimate). I do not want to promote, in any way, bypassing Smiteworks (SW) licensing models.

My daughter's group has one player that just can't seem to get his instance to connect. The way they worked around this was to have another player live stream his instance in Discord and take actions on that other player's part. This allowed the first player to see what was going on and participate in the voice banter. It is clunky and doesn't allow for things like using "wisper" or for the one player to interact with the software in any way, but it got them through their game just last night.

Mods and SW , please let me know if this is out of line or violates your licensing model.

JM2CP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by mhossom View Post
    There is one option. This assumes that you have the right licensing (GM has Ultimate). I do not want to promote, in any way, bypassing Smiteworks (SW) licensing models.

My daughter's group has one player that just can't seem to get his instance to connect. The way they worked around this was to have another player live stream his instance in Discord and take actions on that other player's part. This allowed the first player to see what was going on and participate in the voice banter. It is clunky and doesn't allow for things like using "wisper" or for the one player to interact with the software in any way, but it got them through their game just last night.

Mods and SW , please let me know if this is out of line or violates your licensing model.

JM2CP
    That's pretty ingenious!

Fortunately my friend found an old laptop which should work!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    That's pretty ingenious!

Fortunately my friend found an old laptop which should work!
    Thanks, she is certainly more clever than her father.

Glad you found a way to get around things.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

As a workaround you can install linux on a flashdrive and install FG and run from that.

That, or if he's allowed to have TeamViewer installed on the laptop, he could install FG on any other device and play remote.

Yup, Teamviewer should work. It's free for non-commercial use if I'm not mistaken.

Thread Information