5E Character Create Playlist

Modelling armour that gives advantage on saves from specific NPCs

I'm new to FG, and have just finished DMing my first remote player game. (Yay, COVID-19!) So apologies in advance if this is a newbie question, that has been extensively asked previously.

I'm trying to model the Dragon Guard breastplate that one of my fighter PCs has from the D&D starter set campaign.

Specifically, the armour gives advantage on saving throws against dragons using their breath weapons.

I was hoping that something like this in the properties field of the item would give me a close approximation of what I need:

IFT: TYPE (dragon); ADVSAV: constitution

or maybe this (or is there another IF variant for what is targeting you?):

IF: TYPE (dragon); ADVSAV: constitution

But no joy!

I've watched the How to add an effect tutorial on YouTube, and I've read the documentation, and I've been a software developer for 30 years, so I'm hoping I'm not missing something super obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Effects don’t go in the properties field of the weapon (or anything also) they are added to the actions tab. See these videos (which you must have missed ) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

Further bad news is that you cannot use the ADVSAV effect in an IFT statement. If you check out the wiki you’ll see a T against effects (last column) which can be used in this way.

All you can do is click the ADV button before the dragon breathes on you.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll go watch more videos.

Thread Information