STAR TREK 2d20

SWD: Where are the Setting Rules?

Hey there! I'm a total noob at FG and spent the last days trying to figure out FG, which is really really hard. I wanted to play the two "Crime City" One Sheets (only the 2nd one is available on FG) using the SW Deluxe ruleset. These One Sheets use the "Gritty Damage" Setting Rule but I just can't find that or most of the other Setting Rules from the Deluxe book. In the "options" I only find "Damage Cap", "Joker's Wild", "No Power Points" and "Skill Specialization". Is there any other menu I haven't found?

And a side-question: I own the Deluxe ruleset but not the SWADE rules - but there's also a "Savage Worlds" options when choosing the ruleset, just there's no books in it. The .pak file is there though. Now do I own SWADE too and it just doesn't work or is it just a bug that this option is there?

If my questions are stupid I apologize, but I didn't find anything in the forum or on google and I don't have the nerve to watch several 50 minute-videos explaining the basics in the hope of finding what I need. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    welcome diskdusk

There are several editions of Savage Worlds on FG. To get the books you do need to have bought that edition on Fantasy Grounds.

Okay. If you want to use Savage Worlds Deluxe, stick to the SWD ruleset. The one called SavageWorlds is for SWADE.

The Setting Rules are in the Savage Worlds Deluxe book
    setting.jpg

And a side-question: I own the Deluxe ruleset but not the SWADE rules - but there's also a "Savage Worlds" options when choosing the ruleset, just there's no books in it. The .pak file is there though. Now do I own SWADE too and it just doesn't work or is it just a bug that this option is there?

You own the ruleset, not the content. Just like you're given some rulesets for free (like D&D 5th), but you still have to purchase the book so it will show up. You have it in case you want to type your own info yourself (I don't recommend)

Blog Entries
    When you load up the SWD Player Guide module, scroll down and you'll find Setting Rules. Then each individual setting usually adds its own new setting rules and sometimes tweaks the core ones.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the helpful answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Then each individual setting usually adds its own new setting rules and sometimes tweaks the core ones.
    Yes, I saw that I can read the Setting Rules there, but how do I apply them? Or do I have to do that manually?

Blog Entries
    Most of them are just flavor or yeah, you'd need to apply them manually whenever they crop up. There's a handful such as Joker's Wild which is actually in the Settings dialog. Toggle it on and the scripts will automate that for you.

Thread Information