DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    - Installation needs administrator rights. But then the FGU installer also uses the user folders of the administrator account for both the appdata/roaming folder (can manually be changed) and Start menu/desktop icons.

Overall it seems that only one appdata/roaming profile can be used per computer (same with classic?), instead of allowing each user to have their own installation/profile?!
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 31st, 2020 at 09:27.

Removed upon weissrolf request
    Last edited by Houndy; March 31st, 2020 at 12:22.

I wonder why you did not create your own thread, though?! If we all post in the same threads then everything just gets swallowed and mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I wonder why you did not create your own thread, though?! If we all post in the same threads then everything just gets swallowed and mixed up.
    Thats why I stated that at beginning, so have removed now. Although I think having 1000 seperate posts is worse than centralised posts.

I'm very happy you highlighted the fonts and general blurriness of everything. And it sounds like you know why too!

This is the thing that is annoying me the most (plus the bugs in the image painting / layers tools).

There is so much empty space in between each line that larger fonts could/should easily be used.

Hey Weissrolf, I really like the font of this extension side bar which I recently discovered. The tiles are pretty and have different metallic colours and the fonts are well readable.
    It works for me in FGU, just copy and paste it in the extension and activate the extension when starting the campaign.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Buttons-for-5e

- Initial memory consumption of FGU is considerably higher compared to Classic.

- FGU increases the Windows timer resolution to 1 ms from its default of 15.625 ms. This causes my CPU to run at maximum Turbo frequency instead of clocking down during mostly idle times.

- Even during "idle" times FGU (mostly Unity player threads) cause some varying CPU load of a few percent (of an overclocked 9900K CPU).

The result of the increased CPU load and timer resolution is increased wattage measured at the wall. While FGU pulls 62 - 78 W "idle" at the wall, Classic only pulls 45 - 48 W (=same as without FG running).

I am running Windows 8 in a virtual machine on my Synology server. Connecting Classic from that VM directly to my desktop on the same LAN works without problems, except for Classic's abysmally slow network performance. Now I wanted to test the network (bandwidth) improvements of FGU, but it does neither connect nor return an error, instead being stuck in high CPU load limbo.

2020-04-03 10_10_06.png

Update: I had the server set to "Cloud" instead of "LAN" while using a direct IP. Switched that, but still the same result. Also turns out that the CPU load is high to begin with (on the low powered NAS VM), even when I don't try to connect.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 3rd, 2020 at 09:19.

Thread Information