DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    This time I tried setting up the 5E Sample campaign as a public cloud server using a GM name and password. My entry does not show up in the lobby and my VM client cannot find me or connect to me by GM name. A second instance of FGU on my desktop does not find my server in the lobby either.

Is this because I do not own a license for FGU?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 3rd, 2020 at 09:25.

Blog Entries
    You cannot host a game with the demo FGU client.

Running Classic and Unity on a Windows 8 VM, both hosting the 5E Sample campaign, fresh load, nothing clicked yet. When FGU is maximized memory consumption increases by about 80 - 100 mb for FGU (included in the screenshot).

2020-04-03 10_53_31.png

I saw even over 800 mb memory usage one try before. No idea why it was higher than in my other tries, though.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 3rd, 2020 at 09:55.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You cannot host a game with the demo FGU client.
    How am I supposed to Beta test then? Increased network bandwidth is one of the main selling points of FGU versus Classic, I would like to test that.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    How am I supposed to Beta test then? Increased network bandwidth is one of the main selling points of FGU versus Classic, I would like to test that.
    Buy and return it after testing.

- TIFF files are not listed under Assets -> Images. Classic was able to open these under Images.

- I put an extraordinarily large JPEG into the campaign folder and tried to list it under Assets -> Images, it broke the assets preview, despite plenty of free memory being available.

What happens is that Assets creates a preview for the one file in front of the large JPEG and then an empty preview box is displayed that changes file-name according to all the files that come after said JPEG.

Blog Entries
    - TIFF files are not listed under Assets -> Images. Classic was able to open these under Images.

- I put an extraordinarily large JPEG into the campaign folder and tried to list it under Assets -> Images, it broke the assets preview, despite plenty of free memory being available.

What happens is that Assets creates a preview for the one file in front of the large JPEG and then an empty preview box is displayed that changes file-name according to all the files that come after said JPEG.
    1) This is correct, TIFF files are not supported in FGU. If you need transparency or lossless compression use PNG.
    2) Could you define "extraordinarily large?"

200 mb JPEG file, 1.88 gb uncompressed, 22677 x 29764 px. Perfect for testing memory handling, and even at this size still small enough to open in some 32-bit applications.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 3rd, 2020 at 14:37.

Thank you for going to the trouble of breaking things and getting hard numbers, hopefully the stuff you've found will bear fruit for the dev team.

- After entering my username and password the updater seemed to have downloaded everything a second time?! This seems like an unnecessary strain on the download server and may be problematic for those with limited internet bandwidth.
    As for this, it's intended for you to log-in before you do your very first update. We've got some instructional text that's supposed to guide this, but I've got an outstanding task to actually disallow an update if you're not logged in.
    This is primarily because of how we save data, in that some aspects are tied to your username.
    In the future, you won't even be able to update if you're not logged in.

Thread Information