FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Some questions after a test session

Is there a way for PC's to add themselves to the combat tracker? Or for the GM to add them all at once? Or do they have to be dragged one at a time by the GM from their character sheets to the combat tracker?

Same question for dragging them onto the map?

How do you end combat and clear the tracker?

Basically the same question for resting? Does the GM have to do it individually for each PC or is there a way for them to do it themselves and/or to do the whole party at once?

If the GM is controlling a PC is there a way to make him show up in the upper right hand corner with the other PC's and to have his rolls show up like a normal PC?

Is there a space to track power points for psionic characters?

How does the modifiers window work? We figured out combat advantage, but how do you apply concealment and cover? The most we could get it to do was show something like [CONC] in the screen when it rolled, but id didn't seem to be putting in the appropriate minuses.

Blog Entries
    PC s must be dragged one at a time to the CT. It is best to do this from their portraits on the top left of the screen.

All PCs can be dragged to the map from the CT by dragging the green faction icon from the CT to the map, same with foes and neutral entries.

Don't clear the PCs from the combat tracker. Their are right mouse options to remove all enemy or all non-friendly entries from the CT.

Not familiar enough with 4E to give you answers to the others.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

1) You can also drag the PCs from the Character Selection window, or from the PC sheet.

2) As LE mentioned, you can drag the faction icons on the lower part of the combat tracker to add all the tokens of a faction from the CT.

3) There is a Menu button on the combat tracker. Left or right click on it to open a context menu to remove all entries, remove all NPCs, reset/reroll initiative, group rest, and more.

4) see number 3)

5) No, only characters controlled by players will show up in the upper right of the tabletop.

6) I'm not sure on this one. I haven't looked at the 4E ruleset in years.

7) Modifiers applied via buttons in the modifier window only apply to the next roll. Defensive modifiers are applied to the roll as if the defender had those modifiers. (i.e. Concealment, Cover, etc.) For longer term situations; you can use effects. (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...182/4E+Effects)

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the help guys.

For #7 we're just not seeing those buttons do anything for Cover or Concalement, other than putting a tag on the roll, it's not doing any kind of - on the next roll.

Quote Originally Posted by raynbowbrite View Post
    For #7 we're just not seeing those buttons do anything for Cover or Concalement, other than putting a tag on the roll, it's not doing any kind of - on the next roll.
    Do you have any monsters targeted? As Moon Wizard eluded to, it applies to the defender.

If you've got a monster targeted and cover or concealment applied and you're not seeing this applied to the targets defense when rolling an attack, please provide a screenshot of the results in the chat window showing the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by raynbowbrite View Post
    Is there a space to track power points for psionic characters?
    Yes. The way I do it is I make a power for it.
    1) Right click in the powers tab and select the 6-o'clock option to add a power
    2) Name the power "Power Points"
    3) Click on the square to the very right of it to open its card
    4) Type "Encounter" into the recharge field (this way the power points will reset with a short rest, as they should)
    5) click and toggle the fiel on the very bottom left of the powers tab, so that it goes to "Prepare"
    6) put the number of power points the PC has in the field to the left of your freshly made Power Points "power"
    7) Toggle back to Standard or whatever you prefer

Now all the players have to do during combat is check the little bubbles according to how many power points they use. they will stay checked (used up) until the next short or extended rest

Have fun!
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Yeah I did have an enemy targeted, I'll try and set it up again tonight and cut and paste what we get in the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

3) There is a Menu button on the combat tracker. Left or right click on it to open a context menu to remove all entries, remove all NPCs, reset/reroll initiative, group rest, and more.
    Where is this menu button, I couldn't find it? I found the faction button to drag everyone onto the map, but I couldn't find anything to rest as a group, reset the combat rounds, etc?

For the concealment, I think maybe I figured it out

I saw this:

Attack [17][vs. AC] -> [at Quinn Seymour] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]

I was expecting to see the concealment as a - in the attack, not a + in the AC, I think that [DEF EFFECTS +2] is the concealment.

FYI, here's what my combat tracker looks like

combat tracker.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information