DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    This is happening to our group right now. We all just signed up for standard FGU and are trying to log into the game the GM created. Everyone is stuck on "acquiring file list"

same here, two copies of ultimate and one demo users. All Windows 10 64bit. FGU fresh installs with no modules loaded. 5E and 3.5 tested

Update: FG tested, no change to network settings, connected without issue.
    Last edited by trueneverborn; April 3rd, 2020 at 04:31.

Thanks for reporting. There is a known issue that I'm working on this week for cloud servers, and tracking in this thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide

Regards,
    JPG

Please get this fixed. I have yet to be able to successfully link to my demo players. I bought the full license and spent so much money on all these digital books/companions for the game and have yet to be able to have a single game. The demo accounts are getting stuck at the aquiring file list and the host account freezes up......I am beginning to regret this purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by DominionDM View Post
    Please get this fixed. I have yet to be able to successfully link to my demo players. I bought the full license and spent so much money on all these digital books/companions for the game and have yet to be able to have a single game. The demo accounts are getting stuck at the aquiring file list and the host account freezes up......I am beginning to regret this purchase.
    Do you have a Standard License or an Ultimate License (not sure what you meant by Full License)? The Standard License does not allow Demo users to connect, it only allows other Standard License (or Ultimate) users to connect. Only the Ultimate License allows Demo clients to connect.

If you do have an Ultimate License, do all of your demo users have a forum account and have they input their forum username/password into the Demo client?

Are you using a Cloud based connection, or direct IP? Some of the people have found better luck with a direct connection instead of the Cloud broker at the current time.

I am genuinely curious about the rest though (you beginning to regret the purchase); FGU is a BETA product now. To expect stability at this stage seems strange to me.

It's not just you either, this particular sub is filled with people saying they regret their purchase, or going back to whatever they used before, or just generally being belligerent about the current state of the product.

I just don't understand how people don't get the concept of Beta software. I would not expect any kind of stability until it at least reaches some sort of RC release (if they even plan to do that).

I backed the Kickstarter, and have been waiting since last Summer for this to be ready, but I have no expectations of being able to use the software in the Beta form, at least not for live games. If my friends want to assist with testing the Beta and helping out the developers, that is a different matter, they would be going in with open eyes expecting there to be some issues, even session breaking issues.

I have to give credit to the Developers here, I would have long ago become fed up with the number of people complaining that the product is terrible, or not complete. There is a difference between logging errors or issues to the forums here, and demanding that the product work better in the current Beta phase.

I understand your pain. I also bought the Vampire 5E, DND Essentials, and Out of the abyss and I was only able to connect once last week. Being on a Mac I cannot use the classic version.
    Last edited by AznBran; April 5th, 2020 at 06:14.

Blog Entries
    Please get this fixed. I have yet to be able to successfully link to my demo players. I bought the full license and spent so much money on all these digital books/companions for the game and have yet to be able to have a single game. The demo accounts are getting stuck at the acquiring file list and the host account freezes up......I am beginning to regret this purchase.
    Can you check a few things for us?
    • Verify each DEMO account has a username registered at fantasygrounds.com and entered into the settings
    • That the GM hosting the game has a valid FGU license key and is not running the FREE version
    • That everyone is running the latest, and same, version of Fantasy Grounds Unity. Look for the build date next to the version
    • That you and/or the players are not getting traffic blocked by your ISP. See this thread for Comcast, Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum Internet users.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Can you check a few things for us?
    • Verify each DEMO account has a username registered at fantasygrounds.com and entered into the settings
    • That the GM hosting the game has a valid FGU license key and is not running the FREE version
    • That everyone is running the latest, and same, version of Fantasy Grounds Unity. Look for the build date next to the version
    • That you and/or the players are not getting traffic blocked by your ISP. See this thread for Comcast, Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum Internet users.
    Yes all accounts are registered.
    Yes I have a valid FGU license.
    Yes we all are updated.
    No we are not having traffic blocked by ISP.

I also want to add I was able to connect a week ago and haven’t changed anything on my end. I am running on a new MacBook with both PC and Mac players.

I spoke with damned who works for your group in your discord and he alluded to possible lobby issues.
    Last edited by AznBran; April 5th, 2020 at 06:33.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AznBran View Post
    I spoke with damned who works for your group in your discord and he alluded to possible lobby issues.
    Nope. Just a community member like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Nope. Just a community member like everyone else.
    Oh wow! You were so helpful I assumed.

Thread Information