FG Spreadshirt Swag

Parsing Auto Phrases into Power Actions

Hello!
    I was wondering if there is a good way to do a list with the word or phrase and its parsing result
    If not, anyone knows how to read the 4e code? I did some searching and found (with a little help from Kelrugem, tks!) that almost all (or all) word/phrases are in the manager_power.lua

I need that sometimes because of some bad parsing, that give me wrong actions, like the "spend a healing surge" in some powers that means only to lose and do some other effect, but the parsing gives you the effect AND the healing of the HS. Just an example

So, how can i have the better guidance to help me in that matter?
    Im still learning about the effect tags though, and i ahev the 4E effects wiki link to help me.

The code was built to read the powers from the core rulebooks. There is not any guide to the wording that the parsing is looking for. So, you can word the powers like the PHB/MM; or fix when you add the powers if it doesn't auto-parse correctly.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The code was built to read the powers from the core rulebooks. There is not any guide to the wording that the parsing is looking for. So, you can word the powers like the PHB/MM; or fix when you add the powers if it doesn't auto-parse correctly.
    Hello, thank you for your attention Moon Wizard!
    Thats what i thought, but the example i did can be found at the core rulebooks. So in that example i had to look for a parse-word that could solve my problem. The only way i found was to look in the code. There i found the "lose" keyword, and when i replaced it worked the way i wanted

Is there a better way to read that code?

"When Ashardalon was an ancient dragon, he was struck in a mortal blow by a human druid, and replaced his wounded heart with a living demon, a balor of enormous power, Ammet, the Eater of Souls..."

No, it's basically a word-based state machine that looks for specific phrases to identify actions (attack, damage, heal, effect). Since 4E has never been able to be licensed, the ruleset only ever got support for parsing of the core books, before moving on to 5E.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, it's basically a word-based state machine that looks for specific phrases to identify actions (attack, damage, heal, effect). Since 4E has never been able to be licensed, the ruleset only ever got support for parsing of the core books, before moving on to 5E.
    Ok. I think thats the final answer then, thank you for your time!

Maybe sometime i could share in the 4E forum my experience with these auto phrases, and post the most common corrections and keywords for the community, since I am starting to DM a 4E campaign

Regards,
    TheeWhite

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luizaugusto View Post
    Maybe sometime i could share in the 4E forum my experience with these auto phrases, and post the most common corrections and keywords for the community, since I am starting to DM a 4E campaign
    I think that would be welcomed if you put together a list for 4E

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information