DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help on importing 3.5 characters from hero labs to FGU

Hi all,

I am a completely new user to FGU just downloaded today. I am trying to import characters from hero lab to fgu. the previous videos only seem to be for fg classic. There appears to be an import arrow built into the character window of fgu so I am using that. When I export my character from hero lab either using the custom output for fg it exports as an hlfg file. I am then changing it to .xml because that seems to be what fgu is looking for. but I get an error message stating import: missing root node
    that happens each time I try. Is anyone able or willing to leave me detailed step by step directions on how to correctly import from hero lab into fgu. I am also willing to use the statblock option or pdf version but once again need details step by step on how to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Knitesilver

Blog Entries
    The format exported from Hero Lab doesn't import directly, it needs to be run through a converter that was distributed with the Classic client. I think its available via the wiki but can't remember. Looking for it now.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks I thought I saw something about a converter program as well in the original video I watched from back in 2011 but have not found it yet.

Blog Entries
    Do you have the Classic client?
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Ultimate License Holder

I have not downloaded or paid for the fg classic client ... figured I would just go unity since I am new to this and it seems to be the future. I suppose I could download the demo of the classic and see if I can find the converter there.

ok I read the post from yesterday looks like this will not be an option under fgu for hero labs in the future sadly.

Blog Entries
    Check your PMs. Second one. Double check the character after importing though.
    Ultimate License Holder

I see from this thread and my google fu this wasn't kept for unity, which I had to switch to because my new computer os is too new to run classic. I'm hoping to find a converter of some sort because when I try to upload the .xml I'm getting an invalid root node error.

Thread Information