FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Very Newbie questions here

Hey all,

Brand new to FG. Switched over because of current events, but I'm pretty excited about running stuff in SWADE on FG. I have a $#!%ton of newbie questions and I was told that the FG forums are both friendly and informative.

My first big question is, when using the SWADE modules for FG, how do I turn on 'token locking'. As I understand it, this is what's needed to restrict character movement and keep them from flinging tokens all over the maps. Also, is there a way to make the grids intricate to the maps instead of having to draw the grids every time I use them?

I'm slowly cracking the shell on FG and whenever I figure something out the solution is always 10 time simpler than I figured it would be.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandersonjr32 View Post
    Hey all,

Brand new to FG. Switched over because of current events, but I'm pretty excited about running stuff in SWADE on FG. I have a $#!%ton of newbie questions and I was told that the FG forums are both friendly and informative.

My first big question is, when using the SWADE modules for FG, how do I turn on 'token locking'. As I understand it, this is what's needed to restrict character movement and keep them from flinging tokens all over the maps. Also, is there a way to make the grids intricate to the maps instead of having to draw the grids every time I use them?

I'm slowly cracking the shell on FG and whenever I figure something out the solution is always 10 time simpler than I figured it would be.

Thanks in advance!
    Hello and welcome...

Right click on token on the image, select lock tokens.

No you have to draw the grid.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Okay, awesome buddy. Like I said, easier than I thought. Next question, can i import characters from things like Savaged.us? What's the best format to use? Do I need a special extension for that?

Okay, awesome buddy. Like I said, easier than I thought. Next question, can i import characters from things like Savaged.us? What's the best format to use? Do I need a special extension for that?
    Someone is writing a conversion tool, but I do not know if it is ready yet, but Savaged.us to FG is planned.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

That's great, and a good idea. Savaged.us exports in Plain Text. I saw there was an extension to import monsters / NPCs from plain text, I didn't know if one had been done for PCs yet. Thank you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Hello and welcome...

Right click on token on the image, select lock tokens.

No you have to draw the grid.
    Greetings all! I just got FGU and am having the same problem. I right click a token (PC) that I place and do not have the option to 'lock down' like in FGC. I can 'rotate left', 'rotate right', 'delete token' or an option for 'visibility'.

Is there a different setting that will allow me to 'lock down the image'?

Thanks!
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

Quote Originally Posted by Omalus View Post
    Greetings all! I just got FGU and am having the same problem. I right click a token (PC) that I place and do not have the option to 'lock down' like in FGC.
    Token locking is not yet implemented in FG Unity.

For FG Unity differences please see this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ces-and-Issues
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! That clears things up a lot.
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

Okay, continuing my quest through the system and I've run into a very thorny snag. I wanted to assault my test players with a Lich. There were 2 problems that I ran into. The Death Touch didn't seem to work at all. I'd target a PC, throw the attack, it would hit, but I couldn't do damage. Secondly, how do I add Powers to a NPC? I don't seem to be able to modify any of the premade NPCs that came with SWADE. Any help is very much appreciated.

That's great, and a good idea. Savaged.us exports in Plain Text. I saw there was an extension to import monsters / NPCs from plain text, I didn't know if one had been done for PCs yet. Thank you buddy.
    Before official converter is published you could you NPC Maker with few tricks: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...7-SW-NPC-Maker
    The extension allows you to create NPC records from savaged.us created characters. After that you can drag and drop created NPC into PC selection screen to convert it into PC.

This method is not perfect and some info could be missed but it could you get started before official converter.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information