Starfinder Playlist

FG Ultimate Classic steam gift can't redeem, Standard license not Steam

A friend of mine so kindly attempted to gift me a fantasy grounds ultimate upgrade from Steam since I have the Standard but my standard is not through steam so it wont let me redeem it. Is there a way to take my activated Standard and move it to Steam? I been looking around but may have missed is it is written somewhere? Or if I could just get the gift redeem done and get they key from steam? truthfully other than having bought the code through steam I would not be using it for anything.

My email is the same for both these forums and Steam.

Oh, I found something that says keys to steam are linked only once a month? Well that is going to be a problem.

You can activate your current license on Steam via the Games menu at the top of the Steam window. Click on Activate a Product and enter your license key when asked.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That had not worked and was throwing back an invalid key message. I just had my friend refund the gift and went through the FG store instead.

I have the same issue. Friend in our PnP group sent me 2 books he wants me to get so I can DM his character, wont let me redeem it wither says Insufficient privileges.

Where did you see keys only linked once a month?

If you bought from the Store Steam doesn't know you exist. The solution is to activate your license on Steam. However Steam then needs to know you have a key and that needs to come from Smiteworks. So every few weeks Smiteworks sends the keys of purchases to Steam so that those costomers can activate their client on Steam. So if you bought recently you may not be able to activate your product on Steam until the process catches up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you bought from the Store Steam doesn't know you exist. The solution is to activate your license on Steam. However Steam then needs to know you have a key and that needs to come from Smiteworks. So every few weeks Smiteworks sends the keys of purchases to Steam so that those costomers can activate their client on Steam. So if you bought recently you may not be able to activate your product on Steam until the process catches up.
    Blah.. Thank you Ill see about refunding to him and then doing through the store. Were trying to build all the characters tonight. Thanks again!!

Once a month is generous, I bought my non-steam version in January, still not able to upload it to steam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kkimo View Post
    Once a month is generous, I bought my non-steam version in January, still not able to upload it to steam.
    Are you using teh same email address across both sites?
    Generally the sync is only every 6-8 weeks and it might have been missed/delayed with all the FGU stuff going on.
    Send a query to [email protected] and they can probably give you specific info on your key.

Thread Information