5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    And token locking is a base feature of FGC, it should have been there day one
    I guess it depends on your definition of “day one.” Since FGU hasn’t even been released, and there are several features that haven’t been implemented yet, I’d say that day one is still ahead.

I agree that FFC is in early access but anyway the ultimate license price is $150 and I would expect that a similar feature was already implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Zandor69 View Post
    I agree that FFC is in early access but anyway the ultimate license price is $150 and I would expect that a similar feature was already implemented
    A list of features not yet implemented is posted in a stickies thread in this forum:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ces-and-Issues
    The development team is very small and they need to prioritize what they work on. Token locking has been promised for after initial release, per that list.

Similarly, and getting back to the topic of this thread, dynamic lighting is something they’ll be looking at after release. It is not one of the features advertised for FGU and is something different than dynamic line-of-sight.

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of “day one.” Since FGU hasn’t even been released, and there are several features that haven’t been implemented yet, I’d say that day one is still ahead.
    I agree, but the devs have already expressed it’s a feature that won’t be available at launch

It can't be too hard to just limit los to a value in pixel or? Even if you have to define it manually per character it would be a start.

Fingers crossed this remains a/the top priority post launch.

Quote Originally Posted by lichtbringer View Post
    It can't be too hard to just limit los to a value in pixel or? Even if you have to define it manually per character it would be a start.
    If it was easy I suspect it would have been done already. So, no, not easy.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Partial solutions tends to demand more complete solutions from users. Such as;
    - why can't I change the visibility distance for each token?
    - what about bright and dim indication?
    - Why can't I create a torch or lantern?
    - What about dark vision?

So, sometimes a partial solution isn't worth delivering because of the increased questions and user support it incurs.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also, every ruleset has its own definition of what darkvision means. Or how far away a light source is visible. What if you have darkvision, but also have tremorsense, or truesight? There are a huge number of variables when trying to implement vision as defined in an RPG, and every single ruleset may be different.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    Agreed, I haven't properly playtested FGU because of that and token locking. A lot of extra work to do for the GM to set-up the maps for no tangible benefit if you cannot tell the difference in LOS between a torch, a dwarf darkvision or a drow.
    And token locking is a base feature of FGC, it should have been there day one.
    Honestly this is what I was expecting. No worries really, I am seriously hoping it will be implemented rather soon. It's still the only VTT I use but that was the one thing my group was really looking forward to.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Thread Information