FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Dynamic light and torch

hi everybody,
    I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create objects that emit light. I'd like to combine the line of sight with the dynamic lights.
    I would like that people can't see beyond the walls and for example the humans without darkvision can't see in the dark. Is it possible?
    Thank you

It's not implemented yet and I've heard (perhaps a dev will confirm this) that it will done in a futur update during this year or the next one.
    ---
    Fantasy Cartographer
    Instragram : @chris.rpgmapsArtstationYoutubeDeviantArtFacebook

Composer
    Torone's websiteYoutube channel

Photographer
    Et Des Images

Very eager for this to happen as well.
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Thanks a lot!

I hope it will be added soon, i think it's a fundamental function

You can still use the Mask in conjunction with LOS to limit a tokens view distance.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

sure but having it automatically implemented would be very convenient.
    Thx Zacchaeus

I really really hope implementing this become the top priority after release. LoS without it feel like a half measure, and doesn't really save much time or hassle for the DM if they have to still deal with swapping NPC tokens from 'invisible' to 'mask sensitive', and erase and redraw FoW constantly as the PCs move over any map that contains areas larger than the PCs vision ranges.

I think this will be a killer feature when it's fully implemented, but so far I'm finding it frustrating.

This would be incredible although I saw a post recently that says this feature is VERY early in development/planning.
    It's quite a way off although it is planned.

Agreed, I haven't properly playtested FGU because of that and token locking. A lot of extra work to do for the GM to set-up the maps for no tangible benefit if you cannot tell the difference in LOS between a torch, a dwarf darkvision or a drow.
    And token locking is a base feature of FGC, it should have been there day one.

Thread Information