DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Chases in SWADE

Chases in SWADE

How do you run chases in SWADE? I can't seem to find any info on how to do that in SWADE on FG.

TBH I'm new to the SWADE module and haven't come across a built in tool for chases. Something that could possibly work though, would be to draw a hand of cards from the card deck as per the SWADE chase rules. Then access Tokens > Ruleset > Cards and drag the matching card tokens for those dealt cards onto a blank map in the layout you want. You could then resize the cards by hovering over them and scrolling mouse wheel forward. Where it would get tricky is placing character tokens onto them, but you could certainly have players place their PC tokens at the side of a card and could to the same for your NPC tokens.

Yeah i figured it was something like that. Im gonna make a battlemap with 9 colums and put the drawn card by the foot of the colums. The tokens will be place above the cards,

Quote Originally Posted by Waltoft View Post
    Im gonna make a battlemap with 9 colums and put the drawn card by the foot of the colums. The tokens will be place above the cards,
    Nice solution. I'm going to create something similar.

Chases are supported. I refer you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZRk0HAxoS8 for Doswelk's excellent tutorial.

Nice - I had no idea you could drag a card onto a map. Am I missing something about the necessity of the Chase button on the map frame though? I always clearly state what the range increment is between cards at the start of a chase, so that wouldn't really be necessary. That said, my players are always connected via voice comms, so I guess if you have some that aren't that could be helpful. Or am I just missing something there about the importance of it's functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Nice - I had no idea you could drag a card onto a map. Am I missing something about the necessity of the Chase button on the map frame though? I always clearly state what the range increment is between cards at the start of a chase, so that wouldn't really be necessary. That said, my players are always connected via voice comms, so I guess if you have some that aren't that could be helpful. Or am I just missing something there about the importance of it's functionality?
    The chase button changes how ranges are calculated so it counts distance between the card not the points between the two tokens.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    The chase button changes how ranges are calculated so it counts distance between the card not the points between the two tokens.
    Yes I understood that, but I now just realized something I previously overlooked. Being able to change how the distance is calc'd between cards would keep weapon and power ranges accurate.

This is a great video. I'm very much enjoying it. I'm new to FG because of some current events, and I'm just trying to figure out the basics. This really helps.
    Last edited by Dandersonjr32; March 20th, 2020 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandersonjr32 View Post
    This is a great video. I'm very much enjoying it. I'm new to FG because of some current events, and I'm just trying to figure out the basics. This really helps.
    I am running a one-shot tomorrow, if you want to join us...

2pm GMT, send me a PM if you can make it or sign-up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3288
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information