5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fog of War, Snap to grid and Magnetic snap

So I only just got FGU Ultimate yesterday, and one of the key features I was looking for was the new fog of war options. I spent some time watching videos and then spent some more time testing things out and learning how the maps work and so on, but now that I start using the fog of war I'm wondering, because I cant find any, is there a snap to grid option for the fog of war? There is an option called Magnetic snap, but I noticed no difference with it on or off to anything. So I'm just wondering if there is maybe a keyboard shortcut or option I'm missing, or if magnetic snap is just not implemented yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloJoke View Post
    So I only just got FGU Ultimate yesterday, and one of the key features I was looking for was the new fog of war options. I spent some time watching videos and then spent some more time testing things out and learning how the maps work and so on, but now that I start using the fog of war I'm wondering, because I cant find any, is there a snap to grid option for the fog of war? There is an option called Magnetic snap, but I noticed no difference with it on or off to anything. So I'm just wondering if there is maybe a keyboard shortcut or option I'm missing, or if magnetic snap is just not implemented yet.
    The magnetic snapping feature will snap points close points together when moving or editing. It is most useful to prevent gaps in walls.

Oh, I just tested that and I understand how it works now, but does that mean there is no snap to grid option at all in FGU? Thats a pretty big QoL feature thats missing if thats the case.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I just tested that and I understand how it works now, but does that mean there is no snap to grid option at all in FGU? Thats a pretty big QoL feature thats missing if thats the case.
    There is not currently a snap-to-grid option for editing line-of-sight occluders. Tokens and tiles uses the snap-to-grid option found it the radial menu.

Oh, thats rather unfortunate. Do you know if there are any plans to add a snap to grid option for fog of war walls?

Blog Entries
    Oh, thats rather unfortunate. Do you know if there are any plans to add a snap to grid option for fog of war walls?
    There are actually a number of ease-of-use features for both paint and wall editing on the list. Feature requests are generally expected after launch as we are still working through some functionality issues.

Oh I wasnt requesting, I'm sure there is a dedicated area for that and I would only go there if I couldnt find any other way to do it, I was just wondering if it was something the devs had lined up, or not. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Blog Entries
    Oh I wasnt requesting, I'm sure there is a dedicated area for that and I would only go there if I couldnt find any other way to do it, I was just wondering if it was something the devs had lined up, or not. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.
    Suggestions are always welcome. You can add new suggestions to the wish list: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Thanks, I will. I guess roll20 is still the king when it comes to fog of war, I'm hoping FGU can overthrow them soon!

I hope so too! Like you I assumed this was already a thing but I thought maybe I was using the wrong key combination. I hope they do make it possible, it's so nice to have clean and tidy lines that match the maps.

Thread Information