FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help. NE Savage Worlds. Adding Super powers and their modifiers.

Greetings all,

I have been hosting an irl NE campaign setting and through circumstances would like to continue through FG. I have bought the FG license, NE setting, SWD rule book and the Super Power companion 2nd ed.

However in trying to add powers to PC's; i'm able to drag and drop powers, but cannot find any way to add modifiers to this.

For instance:

Attack, Melee [2/Level]. How can you add the modifiers, for instance Focus (+3) or Armour Piercing (+1)????

If i load up a pregenerated char, eg. The Crab which has Attack, Melee [11] Damage str+2d6, AP4, Focus, Multiple attacks (pincers)., i get the following error message when i try to open the details by clicking on the icon to the right of the description.

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (description) in windowclass (feat_main)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/feat_main.lua"]:24: attempt to index global 'description' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (description) in windowclass (feat_main)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/feat_main.lua"]:24: attempt to index global 'description' (a nil value)
    Any help is going to be much appreciated, since i can't host a campaign when i can't make the PC's.

cheers,
    C.

Right clic the power in the PC sheet, many options are accessible that way

Quote Originally Posted by Weptak View Post
    Right clic the power in the PC sheet, many options are accessible that way

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that. There are several options but none of those makes it possible to add the modifier.

I'm having the same problem for a Titan Effect game that I want to run. There doesn't seem to be any way to add Power Modifiers, and there's nothing under a right click that helps.

What kind of modifier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Weptak View Post
    What kind of modifier ?
    Umm... A power modifier for a super power. Like in the Super Powers Handbook.

I'm not in front of my computer with FG on it, but you should be able to just drag-and-drop or just copy and paste the text of a modifier to the power description on the sheet, I think. In some cases I know I've created sub-powers (or sub-attacks as the case may be) for some modifiers to record how that might be a different attack type. For example I think with something like Speed I might create a sub-attack for when I want to use the Pummel modifier, things like that, if that helps any.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    I'm not in front of my computer with FG on it, but you should be able to just drag-and-drop or just copy and paste the text of a modifier to the power description on the sheet, I think. In some cases I know I've created sub-powers (or sub-attacks as the case may be) for some modifiers to record how that might be a different attack type. For example I think with something like Speed I might create a sub-attack for when I want to use the Pummel modifier, things like that, if that helps any.
    That's also the way I do it. Most modifiers are just mentioned on the last lines of the power as a reminder.

Oh, I would also add not to forget about Effects. That's one of the great things here, being able to use Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects). Those are a key component to being able to get things to automatically modifying other stuff in the ruleset. Really handy stuff.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Its an update/edition mismatch.

Powers under the current edition of FG are on the "Combat" tab. Both versions of "The Crab" that I could find have their powers listed under Edges which is looking for different tags to pull the data from.
    His pincers are coded as weapons, though Focus isn't coded I think, you can bypass it by writing the effect [AP +X], with X being some ridiculous value like 100 OR making a sub-attack of Pincers with AP 100.

NPC Maker v1.6, mostly works on original version, but not on 2nd Ed version (both versions have info about NPC on Main tab.) Some things come thru as a unique rather than linked. Most of his powers came thru with no issue, but Melee attack, didn't link though it did have essential info listed, on the other hand fixing link leaves it locked and unable to do much to adjust it and needs to encode AP 4,
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information