5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Unity too slow

Unity too slow

It takes 1-4 min to open anything (Any links on the side, modules, maps etc). I have tried a fresh install x2.
    I have a feeling it is something obvious.
    Full Disclosure: This is the first time I have installed it and ran it. I was hoping it was far enough along that a noob like me could play with it.

They still need to optimize it, that's what I've been told. It is way too slow for me still. You can actually run a session with it, and in my experience, once you've opened something like items or NPCs once, it reopens instantly(like it should the first time, not 30second wait or more). I also think it might depend on how many rulebooks you have, which I have a lot for Pathfinder. Hoping they optimize soon and it's as fast as FGC was.

Blog Entries
    Remember, it's still in beta. It will get there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    It takes 1-4 min to open anything (Any links on the side, modules, maps etc). I have tried a fresh install x2.
    What ruleset are you using? Which modules do you have open?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

5e
    I know it’s still beta, but I was hoping since it was open it would be playable.
    Modules... hmmm. I have a lot, but opened only the defaults on fresh install. I didn’t even add the 50 dro. DMs guild yet.
    Thanks for the replies. Sounds like just more waiting.

Thanks for the info.

Next thing - what is the spec of your PC? Operating system, processor, memory, graphics card...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Windows 10 Pro
    i7-6700 @ 4GHz
    64bit
    32GB RAM
    GTX 1080
    Everything is on SSD

You would think I am a gamer - not really. Sometimes I dabble in wow, but I actually built this last year to play FG to the best of my ability. I even got the best upload speed I could from my ISP (only 10). I host 3 (sometimes 4) games, I LOVE FG
    (I live in a small mountain town with no people lol)

Dang it... TMI

Discussions about performance issues with GTX 10XX cards here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nd-clock-speed

Wow! Thank you!
    I could grab an AMD Graphics card, would that help?
    I have not tried any of the Fx, but I have tried the LOS

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    I could grab an AMD Graphics card, would that help?
    It might, but I wouldn't go spending money on it. If you have one lying around give it a go.

As a test, if your motherboard has a built in graphics card, try using that and see if it's better/worse.

Thread Information