5E Character Create Playlist

Language Selection in Chat for Players

Players do not see their languages in the chat selection box (it stays empty like they only speak common). As the GM, I am able to chat in languages and it translates for appropriate characters. For example, a character speaks Draconic is unable to chat in Draconic, but if I send a message in Draconic, all of the players who speak Draconic see the translation in chat.

Both the player copy and the GM copy were updated today to confirm that this was not a version issue.
    Annotation 2020-03-18 164017.png
    Last edited by mlbrown; March 18th, 2020 at 21:42.

I think I reported this and is probably on the list to be fixed.

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-972. I think some different language issues were being tracked, but I think this is a separate issue than those.

Regards,
    JPG

I have confined this within my game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbrown View Post
    Players do not see their languages in the chat selection box (it stays empty like they only speak common). As the GM, I am able to chat in languages and it translates for appropriate characters. For example, a character speaks Draconic is unable to chat in Draconic, but if I send a message in Draconic, all of the players who speak Draconic see the translation in chat.

Both the player copy and the GM copy were updated today to confirm that this was not a version issue.
    Annotation 2020-03-18 164017.png

This should have been fixed with the update pushed this morning. Please run an update on both GM and players to get the latest version.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This should have been fixed with the update pushed this morning. Please run an update on both GM and players to get the latest version.

Regards,
    JPG
    I had this issue but fixed now. Was running a game tonight and noticed all languages present but Minotaur, Loxodon and Vedalken. Am I missing something. Thanks in advance.

Will test this eening when playing, had the same issue.
    Related to this one: Is it intented that some languages for example goblin and orc are looing the same ? So the letters (or runes as you like to name it) look the same in some of the languages.
    You can only read it when you know the language, that works, but you dont see a diffrent style of runes (letters).
    No big thing, just something I wanted to mention

If you goto options, then click on languages button, you'll see all languages and can set them up to a specific font type. I'm not sure how many there are supposed to be, but I only see 5 different language fonts. This is why you are seeing similar looking fonts because there are a limited amount.

If you add in the FR Languages extension you'll see more fonts
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information