Starfinder Playlist

Issue with Images when Exporting to a mod

Hello,

I have just created my first campaign and I am ready to export it to a mod. Everything seems like it is working, however when I open up the mod, it seems all my images are dumped into the main directory. Looking at other mods seems they properly go into an images folder. Is there any way to force the images to export into a specific folder? In my campaign folder all my images/maps, etc are in the Images folder. The tokens all export properly into a token folder, so just curious if I am doing something wrong, or if you need to specify somewhere about a specific folder.

Thanks,

-Elaith

The module folder structure doesn't have any impact on how FG displays the images in that module. FG doesn't have a folder structure for images. Load up the module and you'll see that your images are in a group with the same name as the module, or another group name if you created groups on your campaign before exporting to the module. The groups are all stored within the FG database, it is not from any directory structure.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I should add, it all seems to work fine when I load the module. I just like my directories to be organized and not look like someone sneezed into it

Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    I should add, it all seems to work fine when I load the module. I just like my directories to be organized and not look like someone sneezed into it
    Like I said above - there's nothing within a module that needs, or reads, a directory structure.

What I'd recommend you do is have a "module making" campaign that you use to load up images, create groups and assign the images to the relevant groups - all within the FG interface. Then export to a module.

All of your "folder" organisation is within the FG group structure. And then try and ignore that all of the files in your campaign \images directory and your resulting module aren't in an nice neat structure...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, appreciate it. I have them assigned to groups, but it does not put them into any folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    ... but it does not put them into any folder.
    Because FG doesn't need to put images into folders, that's not how it stores and accesses images.

I realize that, I was just curious if it could be done. But alas, I will suck it up. Thank you for the quick assistance.

Blog Entries
    Image folders will break FG.

See the link in my signature for some best practices. Let us know here or there if you have more questions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information