5E Character Create Playlist

4K Monitor/UI Scale FGU

I hope its safe to assume that a UI Scale option will be added at some point? I can't really use FGU without it (i know first world problems).

Welcome to the FG forums.

The March 13th update might interest you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post480340
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Aha! Well then please refine my request to a future UI option, such as in FGC

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenks View Post
    Well then please refine my request to a future UI option, such as in FGC
    Can you expand on which UI option from FGC you're referring to please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yessir, in FGC there's a UI Scale option in the Updater's settings:

I suppose that this setting could be also moved into the in-game settings menu now as well, since the UI can be scaled inside the application already.

Appreciate the response, thanks!

Thanks for clarifying.

Just in case you weren't aware (sorry if you were), that is just a visual representation of the /scaleui chat command. So you're not getting any additional functionality, just a UI based way of viewing/setting.

Having the UI Scale setting there in the GUI does have value because it makes it known that it's an option. Most users do not take it upon themselves to find out about every possible chat command or read the entire manual, so won't even know it's possible. The average new user is much more likely to look over the settings UI to see what's there and discover it. IMHO, hiding commonly needed things like this behind chat commands helps validate the idea that FG is more complicated or difficult to learn/use than the (increasing number of) alternatives.

Edit: This is not meant as criticism of SW or FG at all, nor of the abilities of new users to learn how to use FG. Just voicing my opinion that anything that makes FG easier and more accessible is a good thing.
    Last edited by notrealdan; March 18th, 2020 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenks View Post
    I hope its safe to assume that a UI Scale option will be added at some point? I can't really use FGU without it (i know first world problems).
    As easy as:

/scaleui 150

if I wanted 150%.

Investigating and with logic, everything is achieved.

In case you didn’t notice, all the previous posts were from over a year ago.

Thread Information