DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    @Asterionaisien,

The connection is facilitated through an online service hosted at connect.noblewhale.com, which gets redirected to servers all over the world. It seems like something is blocking the connection to that domain or those servers.

We've had a couple cases where VPN connections have caused connection challenges; so double check that. Otherwise, you may have to look for any security software that performs any Internet filtering/blocking (parental block, ad block) on both your computer and router.

* What country are you in?

Regards,
    JPG

I do not have any vpn active, so i'll try to see what i can do, but i guess this stuff is over my tech skills.
    Maybe it's an ip block? I'm italian.
    thank you for your help
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Assuming you are running Windows, can you try running "tracert connect.noblewhale.com" from the command line on your computer and provide results? (Run "cmd" in Start box to open command prompt.) It will take a few minutes to complete. That will at least tell us which path your computer is taking to get there.

Regards,
    JPG

can i share the screenshot here? no idea if sharing this stuff is dangerous..
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

Your IP address is identified whenever you access a website, so not that much of an issue. I'm hoping that one of the community members with more detailed networking knowledge might be able to see something, even if I don't. You or I can take it down, after it's reviewed, as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Here you go:

Traccia instradamento verso connect.noblewhale.com [128.199.60.165]
    su un massimo di 30 punti di passaggio (max 30 passing points)

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 * 8 ms 8 ms 151.7.202.116
    3 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms 151.7.81.192
    4 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 151.7.80.8
    5 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 151.6.0.109
    6 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 151.6.1.229
    7 25 ms 29 ms 25 ms 80.249.211.163
    8 25 ms 26 ms 26 ms 138.197.250.81
    9 * * * Richiesta scaduta. (request expired)
    10 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms 128.199.60.165

Traccia completata. (tracking complete)
    Last edited by Asterionaisien; March 19th, 2020 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    Traccia instradamento verso connect.noblewhale.com [128.199.60.165]
    That's a different IP address than I get (68.183.117.123).

@JPG - maybe an issue with that server access?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did the tracer thing again, no change in ip number; maybe it's because i'm in EU?

I have the same problem. I've used FGU a lot, and never had this before. I tried connecting to my own game, on the same machine and I get a connection error. (Using Cloud)

Connecting to the server using Lan mode (and Localhost for client), does work. I haven't tried connecting people out of my LAN yet, though.

Edit:

Also, when I try to join a game, after a few seconds the lobby list disappears and I'm getting this error:
    [3/19/2020 4:39:52 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/19/2020 4:40:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to update session list from lobby server.
    Last edited by Dr0W; March 19th, 2020 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    I did the tracer thing again, no change in ip number; maybe it's because i'm in EU?
    I think there are different IP addresses for that DNS name around the world.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information