DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Now for a curious question:

I did a proto-session with a single player in which he generated his character on the server. When he logged in again later, he couldn't see/load his character, only the pre-gens from LMoP. When I started a second instance of FG on my machine and logged in using his name, I did see his character. ccording to the chat-window, he entered his name correcctly.

What did the player possibly do wrong?
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Make sure that the player logged in with the same user name as the did when they created the character.

In the PC window it should say who owns the character.

Note also that the Lobby server has had some issues over the last day or so and the player and DM instance may have gone out of sync. You can try clearing the ownership of the character by right clickng on it and selecting clear owner.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I assumed as much, but it looked ok yesterday. Would the player see two entries in his connection history, if he typed the name differently?

Anyway, I'll clear the ownership, if this situation persists.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Clearing ownership did the trick; seems it was just a hick-up. The other players accessed their characters without any problem. My crash course for the players yielded several more question:

- Can character trade or hand over items between each other?
    - How is the rogue's sneak attack (extra damage) implemented?
    - Can one save the chat?

I am, admittedly, a bit nervous... Tomorrow's the day of our first game.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Players can add or take items from the Party Inventory - provided you have enabled the option - Party: Show Inventory to Clients. They can't 'trade' between themselves in any other way.

To aply sneak attack damage create an effect in the actions tab Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d6 and set the target to self and the duration to on next roll. More on effects here and in these videos.

Chat is saved in a file called chatlog.html in the FG Data/campaigns/Campaign Name folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, Zacchaeus! Guys are you fast on this forum, that's something like life-support.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Our first session went quite well. I was, admittedly, a bit stumbling aroun in FG, and didn't work in the most efficient way, but the players were very satisfied with the experience. Onca again, thank you for all your help, which made this possible for me!
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it went well. As with most things, the more you do it the easier it gets.
    Happy Gaming

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We'll have a training session today and I promptly ask my next question:

The User Manual (5E version) talks on page 35 about "The GM has the option of locking player movement of tokens on the map." Well, easy enough: I can't find this option neither on the maps context menu jor under options...
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Thread Information