STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

COVID-19 - Italian GM needs Customer Support

Hi,

I'm an italian DM, happy to use FG since 2012.

I always had a Standard licence since me (and my group) used to play face-to-face with a demo player FG (connected to my GM host) projected on the room's wall for my players, where we were playing together.

And the world was perfect!

Until the COVID-19 emergency!

Now we cannot get out of our homes and we would like to use FG for remote playing but I've seen that my standard licence can only host one demo player a time.

Sadly, I think my only way out is to buy an ultimate licence

But I see that now is on sale at 89.40$

So, I can buy it (even if I would never done that, since, when the COVID-19 emergency will end we will return to play face-to-face as usual).

But I am a FG-Unity backer too and I upgraded my standard licence to FGU standard.

So, what I have to buy to solve this issue and not waste money? Since in future my intention is to use the Unity version of FG.

Otherwise, is there a way to upgrade my licence to ultimate until the virus emergency will be ended, without spend a lot of money?

Please help me quickly because I would like to start playing with my friends as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention and sorry for my awful english.

Bye.

Luca.
    Just give me what I want, and no one gets hurt!

Take out an ultimate subscription and cancel it when you no longer need it?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Your English is better than mine. But, yes, what Trenloe said. Take out a subscription for the time you need it and then cancel it when you no longer need it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have considered this but who may know how long the emergency will going on?
    Surely for months, at least 5/6 (based on the current China experience).
    Indeed to pay 5/6x9.99$ to keep nothing in the end is worst than buy an ultimate now at 89.40$; but what about the Unitiy backed version on kickstarter?

P.S. thanks for the english (but I don't belive you ); don't you think that the montly subscriptions fees are too high compared to the one-shot buy?

Sounds like you are leaning towards a purchase then. Your only options are to do that or as suggested subscribe. It all comes down to your budget and whether you feel you will get any use out of a one time purchase after the crisis is over.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, thanks to @Trenloe and @Zacchaeus for the attention and for the answers.

I see you are veterans on FG; your words are only suggestions or official answers by the FG team?

Only suggestions.

I doubt that even the SmiteWorks employees would give you an official answer on this as they can't see into the future either.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is the Steam pricing better for Italy? You can mix and match the base license key, just not the DLC.

Easy, if there is only one demo-player, ask him to buy a standard FGC license, it cost 10usd right now, the same price of a month of ultimate subscription.

Do not worry about english, there are tons of users that struggle every day to be understood in english (i'm spanish, also quarantined at home). And I think most english native-speakes are used to read our poor english but mostly they are indulgent.

Also, SmiteWorks should upgrade standard licenses to ultimate during quarantine, at this moment, there are lots of new online players that do not give a try to FG because avalaible GMs are standard and cant host them.

Thread Information