STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Fresh install does appear to make an improvement Moon. The draw on an empty unutilised 4e campaign is around 400mb.
    The map LOS performance is still extremely poor, and while doing so, the GPU and CPU draw doesnt go above 5-10% so not sure why it's doing that. Maybe the fact it's a sort of large map?
    I'm going to work on making smaller modules for the 4e stuff. Are the limitations on list management somewhat resolved when opening more modules if they're smaller? Or will opening all the content be impossible at present?

How big is this map in pixel dimensions? Is the map available online somewhere for us to test? Is it only this map?

Regards,
    JPG

This map was 2494x1875
    Tested with a slightly smaller 1332x1178. It was improved in performance but still after a few minutes of fiddling with LOS and layers it hard locked FGU which I left for 15minutes before giving up and closing via task manager.
    Castle_Naerytar_Ground_level_DM_version1.jpg

And
    Steam Ship Cruiser.jpg

I'll ask Carl if he has any ideas for anything else to think of.

Regards,
    JPG

Just asked Carl. He was saying that the size of the image does not affect LoS performance, just the complexity and number of tokens. Do you have a sample campaign that you can zip up and provide which causes the big performance hits (without all the module data loaded)?

Regards,
    JPG

Yup, here's the one I have freshly made since my reinstall. 4e.zip

Thanks, I've forwarded on to Carl to see if he can spot anything and/or verify whether he sees performance issues as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Hello spite!

One of the other 4E DMs here. . .are you running 4E on Unity, and if so, how is it going?

Thinking about moving to Unity for my 4E game, but wanted to test the water a bit before making the leap. . .

Thanks,
    Shimrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimrath View Post
    Hello spite!

One of the other 4E DMs here. . .are you running 4E on Unity, and if so, how is it going?

Thinking about moving to Unity for my 4E game, but wanted to test the water a bit before making the leap. . .

Thanks,
    Shimrath.
    I run a 4e game every week for some months now. 5 players on average. Have not run into any issues in the past month.

I've been running on FGC for the last while. Haven't made the full switch to Unity, waiting for lists to not lag everything out got me fatigued with bothering to try so I just stopped.

Thread Information