Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Get "The host is running an unauthorized copy..." error

I have successfully run FG Classic. Today I bought FG Unity and tried setting up to Host a session. I used the Public Server option and then tried connecting to the server (shown in the Lobby List) using a Demo account (different from my Ultimate account) running on a different computer.

On the server it shows the new user connecting and then immediately disconnecting.

On the client it gives me the error shown below.

Any suggestions as to what I should try next?

[3/16/2020 10:07:59 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/16/2020 10:08:13 PM] Attempting named connection to server. [Spetzel]
    [3/16/2020 10:08:19 PM] Client attempting authorization. [GW01 - RELAY]
    [3/16/2020 10:08:20 PM] Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.
    [3/16/2020 10:10:40 PM] Network setup cancelled by user.
    [3/16/2020 10:10:57 PM] Attempting named connection to server. [Spetzel]
    [3/16/2020 10:11:01 PM] Client attempting authorization. [GW01 - DIRECT]
    [3/16/2020 10:11:04 PM] Authorization failed: The host has protected the session with a password. Please retry with correct password.
    [3/16/2020 10:11:18 PM] Attempting named connection to server. [Spetzel]
    [3/16/2020 10:11:21 PM] Client attempting authorization. [GW01 - DIRECT]
    [3/16/2020 10:11:26 PM] Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.
    [3/16/2020 10:11:50 PM] Network setup cancelled by user.
    [3/16/2020 10:11:54 PM] Attempting named connection to server. [Spetzel]
    [3/16/2020 10:11:57 PM] Client attempting authorization. [GW01 - DIRECT]
    [3/16/2020 10:11:57 PM] Authorization failed: The host has protected the session with a password. Please retry with correct password.
    [3/16/2020 10:12:04 PM] Attempting named connection to server. [Spetzel]
    [3/16/2020 10:12:08 PM] Client attempting authorization. [GW01 - DIRECT]
    [3/16/2020 10:12:08 PM] Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.

Blog Entries
    It could be that the Authorisation server is down or it could be something blocking the Demo computer from accessing the Authorisation server.
    If you are unable to get it working can you collect the Log files from that computer and email them to support@ and explain the situation and they can check.

Did you enter the demo users forum username and password into settings?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I just put a fix in place that should address this issue for all ultimate licenses that were having problems. Can you have your players try to connect again?

Thanks,
    JPG

we still have the same problem, my players just cant join my game..

Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.

we tried fresh installation, port forwarding and more..

Quote Originally Posted by sidi1625 View Post
    we still have the same problem, my players just cant join my game..

Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.

we tried fresh installation, port forwarding and more..
    Welcome to the forums sidi1625! Sorry you're having issues.

What version number and text does it show in the top right of your main FG screen? Does it say v4.0.0 FREE (2020-03-26) or something else?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

for me its "v4.0.0 Ultimate (2020-03-26)", for my players its "v4.0.0 FREE (2020-03-26)"

this is a text from another user in the forum in another post:

Version: 2020-03-16 all systems
    One system (host): ultimate
    Other systems: FREE
    Tried public, lan, and private all same message
    Connecting from: multiple laptops tried, different accounts (all free) attempted to join, same issue (unable to attempt account that is not free)
    Able to see campaign on server list if public
    When players connect, they quickly connect then disconnect (viewed in chatbox as [insert name] connected [insert name] disconnected)
    Ultimate license: subscription and key was verified using multiple means

this summarizes my problem pretty well..
    and here is a video in which you can see it as well:
    https://youtu.be/dT-X9VKjqJc
    Last edited by sidi1625; March 31st, 2020 at 15:29.

My users and I did and uninstall and a fresh install today. Same problem - my copy is unauthorized.

I looked on your account just now, and I only see a single FGU Standard license. So, demo users would not be able to connect to you with a Standard license.

If you believe this is an error, please reach out to [email protected] to figure out your orders and to get the right license.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information