FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help a hopelessly inept person with Turn Undead in D&D 3.5

I am hoping that someone can explain to me like I am a five year old that was kicked in the head with a horse at birth how to set up Turn Undead in FG for D&D 3.5. What I would like is for my player to be able to target all of the relevant enemies in his line of effect, cause them all to automatically roll a save, and then apply the Turned effect on those who fail. If it could outright kill any enemies whose hit die is low enough that would be awesome too but I'd settle for just the first part.

I have searched the internet and have only found information on 5th edition and it seems like the systems are different enough that I can't bridge the gap. So far we have just been handling it manually which works obviously but FG has made my life so much easier as a DM that I'd like to automate as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    See also. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Rebuke-Undead

I don't believe that answers all your questions though. Hopefully someone who does know (I don't) will be along soon to give you more info.

Also check out the FG Discord and the FGCollege Discord channels for help too.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I dont believe that automation for this is built into 3.5E.... I could be wrong, and if I am, keep it to yourself... otherwise...

Welcome!

OK I was afraid of that but thank you both for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by IKillCharacters42 View Post
    I am hoping that someone can explain to me like I am a five year old that was kicked in the head with a horse at birth how to set up Turn Undead in FG for D&D 3.5. What I would like is for my player to be able to target all of the relevant enemies in his line of effect, cause them all to automatically roll a save, and then apply the Turned effect on those who fail. If it could outright kill any enemies whose hit die is low enough that would be awesome too but I'd settle for just the first part.

I have searched the internet and have only found information on 5th edition and it seems like the systems are different enough that I can't bridge the gap. So far we have just been handling it manually which works obviously but FG has made my life so much easier as a DM that I'd like to automate as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Following this: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/sp...OrRebukeUndead

I would setup a table as defined there which rolls a d20 and add the CHA modifier as a modifier there (but think about updating it whenever the CHA of the character changes). (or roll the charisma directly) Then share this table with your player The player can roll from there, too

Then go into character's sheet, add a new spellclass just for turn undead, adjust the CL to the cleric's level and add the turn undead there as an action/spell. Adjust the number of uses for this action to keep track of it, add a "damage" button for this 2d6 thing (the CL thing can be automated with the definitions there but the CHA I would add as a fixed modifier, so you have to think about updating that, too; do not forget CHA effects accounting into that, too) and roll that damage then but without targets because it is not actually damage in the usual sense.

Then add two effects, running and cowering which you then can apply on the undeads affected by that

Everything else still needs to be handled manually, it would be a bit too complicated to automate this although it is not so difficult to handle it manually (but more tedious with higher numbers of undead, I know ) It already starts with the range condition (closest undead affected first) which would be difficult to handle automatically especially when there are flying undead, too, and then you have to think about what is the proper distance (there where a lot of discussions about this here already ). As you can see the FG code just measures the horizontal distance at the moment. Then the condition about whether an undead is cowering or fleeing or maybe it turns against the cleric again due to the cleric being to near again.... A lot of things can happen here which makes it actually difficult to automate

The best is to make sure that the player really understands what is going on such that they do not need too much time rolling these things. Click table, roll the damage, then you tell that player which undead is how affected and the player adds the corresponding effects (see also here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...cts#Conditions). With some exercise this will speed up

The player can also make hotkeys for that (but again, do not forget to adjust modifiers there when needed)

EDIT: When you're worrying about remembering all the HDs of the undead without opening the NPC sheets, then make a story entry for each undead combat containing just the HD informations and drag&drop that into the room where the battle is going to be. Then you can click on this pin to have a quick reference about the HDs
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 20th, 2020 at 03:57.

Thread Information