DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    I do that regularly to test multiple computer connections. Main computer runs two instances (host and client using same login); and second computer running one instance (client using different login).

Regards,
    JPG

Let me add that the Unity demo account is able to connect to other hosts, but not on my host account. My host account is able to accept players, but not from my local network account. However, the FG Classic accounts work fine as LAN connected. I need Cloud support because I cannot port forward with my ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonblessed View Post
    Let me add that the Unity demo account is able to connect to other hosts, but not on my host account. My host account is able to accept players, but not from my local network account. However, the FG Classic accounts work fine as LAN connected. I need Cloud support because I cannot port forward with my ISP.
    I can host a cloud instance of unity. Go back and launch another instance of unity with the exe, do join, and it shows the hosted instance on the matchmaking server where I am able to connect to the hosted instance. Does that not work for you?
    Last edited by Copernicus219; March 17th, 2020 at 04:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonblessed View Post
    What is your hosting type (Cloud, local, private, etc)?

I know in FGC many routers will not allow a local computer to go out to the internet and then connect back to a computer on it's own network. In FGC computers on the local network should use the internal IP to connect and not the external ip or alias. The local computer might have to connect via the ip address/port option on the connection screen.

Also, I assume this is a second computer and not a second instance on the host computer?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

When I try to run another instance on the host computer it errors saying License key conflict, and if I try to change settings it errors saying "We have detected that Fantasy Grounds is currently running."

Blog Entries
    connect to localhost?

I have the same issue. Hosted a campaign on my PC in cloud, trying to connect my laptop with a demo client over phone hotspot (so it isn't in the same network), it asks for a password, I enter it and get the above error message. On my HOST campaign, I see the Demo account connecting and disconnecting.DemoAccountErrorConnecting.JPG
    Last edited by h4xxler; March 17th, 2020 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by checkyoursix View Post
    When I try to run another instance on the host computer it errors saying License key conflict, and if I try to change settings it errors saying "We have detected that Fantasy Grounds is currently running."
    You have to go into the FG folder and launch the .exe directly, not the updater.

When running a second instance on the same computer you don't need to change the license key, etc.. "Join Campaign" putting localhost as the <IP Address> entry in the "Join By IP and Port" section.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

SAME EXACT ISSUE, checked everything and it should be working. Please let me know if you find a solution!

Thread Information