5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The newsletter will generally have this type of info. It's rare for the weekly newsletter to announce releases like this ahead of time. I would imagine that the newsletter this week will give info about the FGU beta.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We'll definitely be announcing when the FGU Steam Early Access version is ready via the newsletter and all our media channels. I know that Doug is pushing hard to get all the hurdles crossed to get that going.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok thanks! Looking forward to it!

Last post to this thread was 3 months ago. Has there been any further news about when Unity will be available on Steam?
    Last edited by jaggedy68; June 21st, 2020 at 14:57.

oof i know right? this is too much of a unique situation. updates are needed!

They are not ready yet, why rush it,

Doug Davison mentioned an ETA of July in the Fantasy Grounds Friday on June 19th. They're waiting on Steam to modify their system to allow users to own DLC across both FGU and FGC.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...0434523/?ctp=2
    In the Steam Community, there was a message (linked above)
    Steam/Valve has been working with us on this and they expect to have a way for us to share the DLC across both platforms, while still allowing us to publish some DLC for just one of the two platforms. If you own a DLC for FGC that is compatible with FGU (everything so far), then you will automatically show that you own it for FGU as well.

Aside from waiting for that, we also want to knock out a few more performance issues we are having in Early Access for FGU before we release here. It runs well for many users despite not being optimized for performance yet, but for other users with decent hardware it is still a very poor experience that could be considered unplayable. It's not good for us to launch with too many users having that experience.

Thread Information