Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikkuls View Post
    qdwag,

There is no difference in the software to my knowledge. The difference would be in the cost to obtain an FGU license.

As it currently stands, if you have an Ultimate license of FGC you can purchase an Ultimate license of FGU at a large discount (40% I believe). However, if your existing ultimate license was purchased through Steam, then you have to wait until FGU is available through Steam to take advantage of the discount. Until FGU is released on steam, those people with existing licenses through Steam will have to pay significantly more for the software if they buy it directly from Fantasy Grounds (due to the lack of the discount).

Hope that clears up why everyone is so anxiously waiting for a Steam release.
    This is absolutely the reason people are talking about steam FGU.

Can someone at least tell the estimate date? one month, half year? please cause money are waiting to be spend.

Quote Originally Posted by globster View Post
    Can someone at least tell the estimate date? one month, half year? please cause money are waiting to be spend.
    This month.

I would guess more than one month, less than 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I would guess more than one month, less than 4 months.
    They said this month.

From a Smiteworks perspective, why is there this disparity in bundling licensing? I have been holding off buying a FGU license (along with all of my players) as the promised discount for owning the classic license is not available on the website. I would think Smiteworks would be incentivized to offer it now, saving themselves some transactional fees they are likely paying to Steam and getting the revenue in. The difference between upgrading multiple FGU standard or even one ultimate license is significant. It also does not promote goodwill for existing loyal customers vs. someone new to the game picking up a license at a 10% discount now without any prior investment in the company or it's products. I don't have the answer to the problem as I don't know what capabilities are out there, but as far as I am aware all of the FG clients have a license key that could easily be validated prior purchase and allow us to move forward with FGU sooner and without feeling we are leaving $ on the table. Maybe just send existing customers an e-mail (or a steam communication) with a one time code based on the prior license purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    They said this month.
    Yes lots of things have been said about FGU... it was meant to release before this month as well in the past.

Realistically the program isn't ready for release. If they release it in this state they will generate so much bad will from new customers (people not coming from FGC), 100% not worth it.

I played through Anarchy Online's launch, while Funcom did come back from it. Man did that take a long time for the company to recover from a bad launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I played through Anarchy Online's launch, while Funcom did come back from it. Man did that take a long time for the company to recover from a bad launch.
    Every launch funcom does is well below the acceptable bar sadly.

The secret world's launch, big oof.

Since testing the network performance is only possible after buying a license the absence from Steam has kept me from doing so.

Thread Information