FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Note: This generator made me realize that Roll20's table system is better. Rather than ranges, they use weights. So it's much easier to edit a table after it's created to increase or decrease the frequency of an existing entry. If you're not sure what I mean, I created an example below.

Example Table
    Weight Entry
    1 Result #1
    1 Result #2
    1 Result #3
    2 Result #4
    4 Result #5

So in this case, it would roll 1d9 since there is 9 total weight, and on a 1 get Result #1, a 2 would get #2, a three would get #3, a 4-5 would get #4, and 6-9 would get #5. Then if you increased the Weight of Result #1, you wouldn't need to go through and change all the other ranges as well.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Note: This generator made me realize that Roll20's table system is better. Rather than ranges, they use weights. So it's much easier to edit a table after it's created to increase or decrease the frequency of an existing entry. If you're not sure what I mean, I created an example below.
    Discuss or vote for the idea here; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=126836

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

NM I figured it out. Data directory is in a different place than install directory
    Last edited by SixSixTrample; April 15th, 2020 at 18:19.

Thanks!

1. It’s a result of 2 things: me trying to make every name gender appropriate meant the race tables had to be children of male/female tables. I mean not really- that could have been reversed, but as they were being built the structure you see now was what emerged. The second thing is sometimes a single story entry needs to reference race tables a few times over, but needs different results in order to call back to previously rolled results and not get a mish-mash of data. That means in some places I might have “Race1” “Violent Race 3” “Regular race 1” etc. You still can alter the mix for the regular NPC generators though, just go to racem and racef tables I believe and you should find what you are looking for.

2. They’ve been fun for my group for sure!

3. Actually I might have just shot from the hip on those, I’m not sure I referenced anything lol. I might take a look at that in a future revision- good eye!

Thanks for the answers, Jim.

Regarding race, I looked a good bit, and I think it's going to be easier to use my own tables to roll race and manually change them as needed. But thanks for the suggestion.

And once again, great work!

I can't seem to be able to generate Enemey NPC's. Everything else seems to work, but it seems im missing modules. Im doing testing for my GM before he uses it so i only have whats available in demo. If its because its demo, please let me know.

error im getting is: [ERROR] Link for NPC 'Yuan-ti Abomination' is not working. Make sure the correct modules have been opened in the Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravis View Post
    error im getting is: [ERROR] Link for NPC 'Yuan-ti Abomination' is not working. Make sure the correct modules have been opened in the Library.
    Yuan-ti are not part of the 'free' (SRD) content that D&D released. They are only available if you have the Monster Manual. So I'm guessing this is your issue.

Yep- need the monster manual for those. If you want to use the version that doesn’t need it, download the non-5e version as it removes those links

I just discovered this and it's pretty amazing. Have you considered splitting the city/town generators into their own module though? It would be nice to be able to have the NPC, tavern, and other generators that drop into a town or existing setting without pulling in the 700+ MB of map images required to support the city generators.

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    I just discovered this and it's pretty amazing. Have you considered splitting the city/town generators into their own module though? It would be nice to be able to have the NPC, tavern, and other generators that drop into a town or existing setting without pulling in the 700+ MB of map images required to support the city generators.
    Agreed! I love the 'sharing tavern menu with players' option, but they have to have this Module loaded for that to work, and it takes a long time for this module to load for them. Unless there is a way to not have that as a requirement so players can see the menus?

Thread Information