FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 45 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Got hit by the same issue during a gaming session today. Fortunately I knew that I only updated this extension and FG itself beforehand, so it was quick to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Korav View Post
    Unfortunately I can again confirm the same problem as esmdev. Starting without PlayerAgency fixes the issue.
    I am glad (and sad) to know it's not just me and I'm not crazy.

Blog Entries
    Sorry guys - this was a change to fix some compatability with some other things - it looks like it didnt work. I will reupload a new version later today. Thanks for the reports.

Blog Entries
    New version uploaded. Unfortunately this will break compatibility with the 2E ruleset and the On Demand Manual Dice extension for now.

Hey, I love the idea of this extension, especially for a campaign that requires my players to solve a mystery or organize the relationship of a bunch of places and people. However, as a player, I'm having an issue with the Dear Diary extension. I'm getting an error whenever I click the edit button on a date, type in something, and then click Submit. Its preventing me from logging anything. It pops up with this on the Console:
    Script Error: (string "button_edit_pcdisc"):1:attempt to concatenate a nil value
    Any suggestions? Think I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Tried the Investigator extension with my player account, too, and had the same error happen when I clicked on the edit button under PC Notes.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. Figured out that it works when I select a character first. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by SieferSeesSomething; April 27th, 2020 at 02:02.

Blog Entries
    Hi there SieferSeesSomething

The edit buttons are for PCs to add their notes. The GM can just edit the records normally.
    I need to disable the Edit button on the GM view.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi there SieferSeesSomething

The edit buttons are for PCs to add their notes. The GM can just edit the records normally.
    I need to disable the Edit button on the GM view.
    Oh, it's probably cool. I don't even remember if I could see it as a GM. I logged on with a separate player account to my own hosted game to see what the player view was (all the better to explain to them what I've added) but I didn't actually make a character when I did that. I guess that's the reason I was getting those errors. Once I made a character and started editing things it started working. I guess the null error was from not having a character name to stick on top of the entry. Maybe it could use a clearer error message, but it's probably fine.
    Last edited by SieferSeesSomething; May 8th, 2020 at 06:19.

Blog Entries
    Yeah there is some additional error checking that could be done too....

this is great! i always wanted my players to have more note-keeping/collaborating abilities, and only found this one last night. this is fantastic.

one thing that i would consider looking into for future updates, is for the links. if i could ever figure out the StringManager stuff myself, i'd love to do more like this, but it'd be cool if when you type into any other field of the clue windows, that if a word or phrase in there is the same as the name of another clue that exists, that the links field would populate with that link.

so say if my player makes a clue about a "man in red", and some of the info is that he is seen with a "strange symbol", and there is a clue that exists called "strange symbol", then a link for the "strange symbol" clue will appear in the clue for the "man in red". do you know what i mean? so it links associated information. like how links are generated in Realm Works by Lone Wolf Development, but probably to a lesser extent.

Blog Entries
    that would be a fantastic enhancement. it is beyond my ability though - certainly at this stage. you can manually drag links into any field but auto-populating is not likely unfortunately.

Thread Information