FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 25 of 45 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Hi,
    I wonder if it could be possible with this extension for players to create new groups, or at least be able to view groups for entries? I have created groups as a DM to make the growing number of entries easier to search through, but these groups do not display for the player. Is this intentional or could it be changed?

Blog Entries
    This is a limitation of CoreRPG and not one that is very easy to overcome. If you export your content as a Module and set to Allow Player Load the players should be able to see the content in groups. This is fine for true World Builder stuff that you have prebuilt but doesnt work as well for stuff that you are fleshing out as you go as I *think* you will lose player edits each time... it would be great if you could test that and report back...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This is a limitation of CoreRPG and not one that is very easy to overcome. If you export your content as a Module and set to Allow Player Load the players should be able to see the content in groups. This is fine for true World Builder stuff that you have prebuilt but doesnt work as well for stuff that you are fleshing out as you go as I *think* you will lose player edits each time... it would be great if you could test that and report back...
    Sure thing. I'll certainly try. Never actually exported anything before so will need to get my head round that but I presume its fairly straightforward.

Update: Have successfully exported World Builder Data and then loaded it as a player, can confirm groups are now showing. However if the player tries to add any text the following pops up in the DM chat window and the edit fails.

Capture.JPG

Update: Apologies the edit is saved but the chat window still throws up that text I posted. Can confirm that the edits are still there on both DM and player side after a program restart. So the only problem is the chunk of text that fills the chat window whenever a player adds an edit.
    Last edited by Noelus; January 30th, 2021 at 00:41.

Blog Entries
    so the GM side display is Debug and I need to remove that.
    its possible there is no fix for client side edits on Module content.
    the code is very specific in how it writes data to the database but the module content is not in the database...

short answer... you can probably have Groups or Editing...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This is a limitation of CoreRPG and not one that is very easy to overcome. If you export your content as a Module and set to Allow Player Load the players should be able to see the content in groups.
    Finally installed a "test user" account on a 2nd PC to see what exactly my players see in WB entries (which I love to use as general world information).

If I allow player load, they can see all entries that are in the WB database, but only see the individual fields within each entry that are marked (with the tick in the little circle - Rolemaster game set by the way).

Though this means they can only see "details" which I have markled, the fact they can see entry titles is a bit of concern.
    Is there any way so that they only see entries that have some fields marked with content for them?

If I do not allow them to load the module, I can then limit what entries they see but I need to share every entry and the categorisation seems not to be there, which is a much less preferable option (for me and for them).

Blog Entries
    What you are saying is correct. That is how CoreRPG works and that dictates how everything built on top of that works.
    I think your best option is to lose the categories view for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    Hi,
    I wonder if it could be possible with this extension for players to create new groups, or at least be able to view groups for entries? I have created groups as a DM to make the growing number of entries easier to search through, but these groups do not display for the player. Is this intentional or could it be changed?
    I actually do two things to organize information. One, I put a group in the title. For example, in "investigator", a title might look like: "Waterdeep - Factions - Red Guard" so they can see all factions. Then, within the information, I put links to related cards, so under "Waterdeep - Factions - Red Guard" I'll put links to things like the investigator card for the leader, which links back to the group card, or rival gangs, or hideouts, etc. This way, they can get to the related info quickly.

One other question then. Would it be possible to create the option to filter by type as can be done with NPC entries for example? Being able to filter the list for places, entities etc would be very helpful.

OH, this will be great thanks a million! Can I drop a donation off somewhere?

Thread Information