STAR TREK 2d20
Page 40 of 45 First ... 303839404142 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by macDsinfo View Post
    i am wondering, how would i merge World Builder entries, from one campaign to another? Some one-shots i run are part of a greater world of a campaign I am also running, and one or two players are playing the one-shots, so i want their notes from the one-shots to be included at the campaign table, and i do not want to override anything... many thanks, in advance
    The way I do it is to use multiple campaigns - some are what I term general information (which holds all the common history, key people, locations, etc etc) in World Builder. Build it as a module and only reveal the information there (by using the tick marks) once you want to show the players. You can pre-populate a lot of these pages, just noting that the players can see the "entry headings" so I use hneadings like "Key NPC - AA" rather than put the name of the NPC in the WB entry, so as to hide their identity till I am ready to reveal it. Does then require a rebuild of that module when you make that level of change. Make this player loadable.

I also have a story module that cross a number of campaigns that I build as a stand alone module that has some WB entries that relate just to these campaign adventures. For people that may not be relevant to the bigger "whole world" module mentioned above. This can hold WB, items, NPCs, images, etc that are campaign/adventure specific.

You can build as many modules that use WB entries and load them as required. Just need to consider what they contain, whether they are player loadable (which means they see the entry headings), and editable.

thanks for the ideas...

thinking about this more, I am going to try exporting the world builder/investigator stuff as a mod from the one shot table, loading it into the campaign table, copying the entries (by dragging them into the menu a second time), and then dragging those (copied entries) to the campaign world builder/investigator. my hope is these would save in the campaign and I would be done. I will try it this weekend, and will report back when I see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by mikegraf View Post
    The way I do it is to use multiple campaigns - some are what I term general information (which holds all the common history, key people, locations, etc etc) in World Builder. Build it as a module and only reveal the information there (by using the tick marks) once you want to show the players. You can pre-populate a lot of these pages, just noting that the players can see the "entry headings" so I use hneadings like "Key NPC - AA" rather than put the name of the NPC in the WB entry, so as to hide their identity till I am ready to reveal it. Does then require a rebuild of that module when you make that level of change. Make this player loadable.

I also have a story module that cross a number of campaigns that I build as a stand alone module that has some WB entries that relate just to these campaign adventures. For people that may not be relevant to the bigger "whole world" module mentioned above. This can hold WB, items, NPCs, images, etc that are campaign/adventure specific.

You can build as many modules that use WB entries and load them as required. Just need to consider what they contain, whether they are player loadable (which means they see the entry headings), and editable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    If you are comfortable editing the db.. it isn't that hard... I don't think there is any other way built in.
    thx - I am not comfortable doing it, but this might be where I end up...
    Last edited by macDsinfo; November 24th, 2022 at 14:54.

Can someone point me to a guide for exporting info in World Guide so I can add to another campaign? Not at home so I can stumble through it... any help appreciated in advance.

Blog Entries
    Could you add a share record button to the radial menu options on the world builder entry sheet? It would save a tiny bit of time to be able to share from the sheet instead of having to go back to the world builder window list, locate it, and share it from there?

Just a thought.

Had a thought for a new heading and list. I been using Player Agency for dungeon room links insteead of story because it allows me to branch open different aspects.

Set Type = Dungeon
    Place - Link to the Map
    Description
    GM Notes
    PC Notes

Type
    Entry - For Listen of observation Checks while the door is closed
    Encounter - Link to the encounter and any notes about it
    Search - The Search parameters as well as any parcels they might find.
    History - Notes about any history required in the room
    Major NPCs
    Images -

---------------------------

Not sure if anyone has any other thoughts
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Hi @Damned,
    I'd like to point out that I've just noticed that Player Agency has a problem with Shadow of the Demon Lord (I don't know even if with other rulesets) as the link to copy them or add them as pins on maps etc. does not appear in the window. I attach an image and point out that I tested in a clean campaign with only this extension. Currently you can work around this by using the link in the Category (by the way Shadow of the Demon Lord is a really great work!!!)..
    No Link Button.JPG
    Thank you in advance..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

I got my first chance to see Player Agency at work yesterday. I prepopulated a number of entries for information the players had learned during their last session and they ate it up!

While entering the data, I wondered, is there a way for me to change the label on the fields of information? Can I add my own fields? I'm especially interested in adding more fields with a tickmark option? I have rumours I'd like to add about specific people, but I want to only reveal them as the players learn them. To have a field called Rumours and have multiple fields that could be revealed individually, would be ideal. Or simply renaming several fields as Rumour1, Rumour2, Rumour3...etc. so they can be revealed independantly.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for a great mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Daleus View Post
    I got my first chance to see Player Agency at work yesterday. I prepopulated a number of entries for information the players had learned during their last session and they ate it up!

While entering the data, I wondered, is there a way for me to change the label on the fields of information? Can I add my own fields? I'm especially interested in adding more fields with a tickmark option? I have rumours I'd like to add about specific people, but I want to only reveal them as the players learn them. To have a field called Rumours and have multiple fields that could be revealed individually, would be ideal. Or simply renaming several fields as Rumour1, Rumour2, Rumour3...etc. so they can be revealed independantly.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for a great mod!
    Those are great ideas. I told my DM last Sunday that this is my favorite extension, and if I had to choose just ONE extension to run, this would be it. It's fantastic.

Thread Information