STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Here is what I am seeing
    FG select screen.PNG

Obviously missing the "One Shot" campaign

Here is my folder with it in though in the FG data
    folder.PNG

I have edited the files as you suggested, but can't launch them now....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well, my initial thought was that the db had a double .xml. However you say that isn’t the case so I am not sure. If you backed up your original folder before you made any changes you may want to copy that back into the campaign folder so that you are starting from the same position you were in before you made any changes. If FG finds that campaign then you can proceed to changing the session file. If none of this works then you could zip up the campaign folder and post your file here and I can have a look at it, but it’ll be tomorrow since it’s kinda late here now.
    I will reload the back up folder and try again. if that doesn't work, I will zip it and post it. Thank you again to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung79 View Post
    Attachment 32085

Edit: I did as you recommend Zacchaeus, but then could not see the campaign to load it from the launcher
    There’s no campaign.xml file in that directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here is what I am seeing
    FG select screen.PNG

Obviously missing the "One Shot" campaign

Here is my folder with it in though in the FG data
    folder.PNG

I have edited the files as you suggested, but can't launch them now....
    This doesn’t look like FG is setup to look at the directory you’re showing in Windows Explorer.

Click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen and see which location that opens.

If it’s the same location, check which of those directories contain a campaign.xml file, as it’s primarily this file that’s used to populate the select campaign list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This doesn’t look like FG is setup to look at the directory you’re showing in Windows Explorer.

Click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen and see which location that opens.

If it’s the same location, check which of those directories contain a campaign.xml file, as it’s primarily this file that’s used to populate the select campaign list.
    It is the same folder. Only the campaigns I can see from the FG launcher have campaign.xml files in their folders. Is their a way to add that if a folder is missing it?

Attached is the zip folder for the campaign
    Attached Files Attached Files

It is the same folder. Only the campaigns I can see from the FG launcher have campaign.xml files in their folders. Is their a way to add that if a folder is missing it?

Attached is the zip folder for the campaign
    Here you go. I've added a campaign.xml file and as far as I can see the campaign is fine. There's two characters in the PC list and the campaign opens fine without error.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Legend. Thank you! Does each campaign have a unique campaign.xml, or is it swappable between campaign folders? I don't know how that even happened in the first place.

The campaign file just tells FG what ruleset and what the GM name is. It is a very small and simple file but without it FG can't know what ruleset to open the campaign in. If one is missing all you really need to do is start a new campaign and then close it. This will create the file and you can copy that into another campaign.

Incidentally a couple of things I noticed. I see your images are .jfif files; I have no idea what a .jfif file is but they should be .jpg files really. Also you don't need to have the SRD Bestairy and SRD Magic Items modules open in your campaign since you have the Monster Manual and DMG. Also unless you actually need to reference them you don't need any of the players supplements open in your campaign either (such as Volo's players, Xanathar's Players etc).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Incidentally a couple of things I noticed. I see your images are .jfif files; I have no idea what a .jfif file is but they should be .jpg files really.
    JPEG is a compression format using discrete cosine transforms to store lossy data, typically images. There are two common formats JPEG|JFIF and JPEG|EXIF. You're probably familiar with EXIF flles, as those are the files saved by your digital camera and contain information like ISO and lens data. JFIF is the JPEG File Interchange Format. It is a file format that contains the minimal amount of data required to exchange JPEG compressed image data.

JPEG, technically, is the name for the compression technique. In the early days of the format, some yahoo decided to call the images using the compression JPEGs, instead of JFIFs or EXIFs. Your web browser, for example, will typically uses JFIFs and, depending on the browser, will save images from the web as JFIF, rather than JPEG. The header and the metadata stored in the header are really the only thing that differentiates the different JPEG file types.

Having said all that, Fantasy Grounds recognizes JFIF files and will open them.

I've got it back up and running, thank you all for the knowledge! Time to enroll in FG college I guess.

Thread Information