STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    I tried downloading and reinstalling the thing on the same location via the link you provided. After the installation process (which went fine btw) FHU said it starts the updater.
    Nothing happened then.
    No tasks running that could point to a process that had hung up.
    So I rebooted the computer and started the FGU program normally. It started fine and I saw the red frame around the "check for update" button. So I went for it.
    Got following error message: Attachment 32039
    The file in question is really not there. There are only two folders in the directory D:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine:
    * FGUpdaterEngine_Data
    * MonoBleedingEdge

So far so not so good...
    Any tips?
    TIA
    So, in part this seems to be related to a bug I've seen a couple of people mention previously. If, when running the installer, you choose to install to a directory other than C:, the updater may not automatically launch when install is complete (as intended).
    I have not been able to reproduce this myself yet, so I'm not sure how to fix it yet.

This aside, as Carl said, I would recommend these steps for the moment:
    1: Delete the whole D:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds folder (this will not delete any modules, and it shouldn't trigger a re-download)
    2: Install from the latest installer
    3: Immediately launch D:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe (directly from the folder rather than from a shortcut to Fantasy Grounds, as FGU will need to be re-updated)

If you're still having trouble, feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] and I can help you resolve any further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    is the updater there butt renamed to _old or _new? if so remove that bit and try run the updater again
    Yes, I had that, but renaming it did not help actually.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Before running the installer, try deleting the Fantasy Grounds program directory, in your case, D:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds. Then re-run the installer.
    Did what you described and now the updater starts again. Already loading updates.
    Very much obliged, sir!

Thanks, community, for your endless helpfulness
    Stay save, stay home if you can and good health to you all!
    Nanoc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Before running the installer, try deleting the Fantasy Grounds program directory, in your case, D:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds. Then re-run the installer.
    I had to nuke the whole program folder again today after trying to update
    Reinstall over the top did not work
    Removing individual folders did not work

This is true for me as well. Updater shows Fantasy Grounds logo with a big red exclamation mark.
    I deleted the folder and re-ran the newest installer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottamus View Post
    This is true for me as well. Updater shows Fantasy Grounds logo with a big red exclamation mark.
    I deleted the folder and re-ran the newest installer.
    Did that work? If not, check your security/anti-virus software as it has probably blocked the application.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Unfortunately that did not work either. I completely removed all references of SmiteWorks, Fantasy Grounds, etc... I excluded the folders and .exe from MS AV. Still same results. Below is screenshot of what the update fail looks like. I also tried running with different permissions but no go..
    Stumped
    FG-Error.png

Thread Information