Starfinder Playlist
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Well, i can game, but i still cant update despite via VPN and i do not plan on paying monthly for a US VPN.

Did you change something?
    We're back to possible updating, but with slow speed on my normal internet connection.
    I made zero changes to anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, have been too happy too early, now it's back to Timeouts again:
    Once again, no changes on my side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D3nnis3n View Post
    I do not have any VPN. What i do have is a SSH Tunnel that i open via command line, but it's not activated. And i'm using it explicitly so that my connection is not disturbed by VPN, because the SSH Tunnel allows to keep my network connection normal while still being able to reach the server i need to connect to specifically.
    I did reboot my router once again, without success. The idea with using a free VPN from somewhere else is actually a good one and i'll try that one now. Maybe i can even bump up a small VM on my NAS to see if FG can run there.
    I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs of SSH tunnels, but this is something that the common user does not have set up, and is therefore a potential for issues. Perhaps other users can comment here if they also use an SSH tunnel and have no issues. Is there a way to sniff the traffic within your tunnel to see if FG is sending anything through there? The patch system is doing a super basic HTTP GET when it all boils down and these should not need any sort of special configuration.

Again, the solution for you is likely unique to your situation and should be handled through customer support. We can continue to diagnose on the forums, but it makes it a little more challenging because we have to make sure not to disclose too much info.

Our server logs show forum hits from your IPv6 address and from the IPv4 address of 193.XXX.XXX.247. The recent patch system logs shows successful hits from 193.XXX.XXX.247. Our server served those files out successfully with a 200 response code. The message lengths appear correct for when files are sent out through the patch system. No error logs hit for either address.

I would recommend looking within configuration options for your SSH tunnel. This is more for anyone else watching the thread, but whenever you turn on or off a VPN, use an SSH tunnel or otherwise modify something on your system that would change your internal IP address or network interface, you should close and re-launch FG and make sure that it picks up the Internal IP address properly. You can check on the Host screen.

Hello,
    the IP you mentioned is not mine. My IP is 178.xx.xx.165, so it was either when my VPN was online or something else.
    My SSH Tunnel is not active, it's only active when i open up a manual connection via SSH on cmd to the server i use for that. The IP of that server also is not 193.XXX.XXX.247.
    The SSH Tunnel only allows connection to a specific port, which is for a MySQL database. It's got nothing to do with that.

Maybe it helps that i was just able to download again for some minutes with slow speed and then was no longer? Looks like a genuine block of my IP after some downloading. You should be able to see my IP that i mentioned in the logs now - for some minutes at least.

//EDIT:
    JFYI: I'm a systems administrator. If i had an idea what it could have been on my side, i would have already told you ... For me it looked like a block of my IP from the beginning for whatever reason. First, limiting speed, then blocking totally.
    I did not see that downloading via the browser did route me over cloudflare, hence i assumed that cloudflare is simply kicking me out.
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; March 7th, 2020 at 16:15.

Like, to activate my SSH tunnel, i actually need to boot up cmd, open a connection to the server via SSH, confirm my private keys password and then i'm able to connect to the database on that server via a graphical SQL interface. That cannot happen automatically or in the background, it's simply impossible.

Blog Entries
    That connection is the one in our logs using your ID, so it may have been the one assigned by the VPN when it was working.

I have to be completely honest with you. System Administrators and IT pros are often times the group of people who have the greatest difficulty with our software and present the most difficult scenarios to unwind. The more professional IT personnel, the more likely they are to tweak your systems to the nth degree with a bunch of stuff that "shouldn't have any impact on X or Y" but which ultimately does.

Just within our own company, we are testing updates successfully from 10 different states in the U.S. and with moderators, we are able to test from several other countries to identify any broad connection issues with our server. A server-wide issue could result in GetPackageFiles Network Timeout errors, but not just for one or two users out of 176K users.

Either way, I've sent you some more info via email we can use to try to further diagnose it. Knowing that it runs from a VPN is good. The VPN doesn't change anything on our server -- just how it routes the traffic to us.
    Last edited by ddavison; March 7th, 2020 at 19:06.

So far no solution, the short timeframe where i was able to download ended very fast. Seems like Fantasy Grounds is just no longer working for me if not using a VPN. Very sad.

Still no solution to be found.

Thread Information