Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Hello Moon,
    i added another screenshot of the Windows Firewall rules that were created automatically.

I do not use any other security software than the default Windows Defender Firewall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like there are multiple rules for the updater, and not all of them are set to Allow access.

Can you try deleting all the rules for both FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe; and then running the updater again?
    By deleting all the rules, Windows Firewall should prompt you again when you run the updater.

Regards,
    JPG

Actually all of them are set to Allow access, the ones that do not have a check are not active (not for private networks, but for domain networks, which i don't have).

I did remove them all as you wished but was not prompted again by the Firewall when starting the Updater and running it. So there is no rules for the Updater now. It still doesn't work.

Can you send me any direct link of a NON-DLC thing to download manually to see if i can access one of the files the updater downloads manually?

Can you now create a new rule for the updater.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sure. Did so, to no avail. Still doesn't work:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; March 6th, 2020 at 18:46.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...ulesets/5E.pak

The issue is that I don't believe it's the link or site itself that is the issue; but some application specifically blocking the application from accessing the network.

Do you get a permission elevation prompt when you run the updater, and select okay?

Thanks,
    JPG

Yes, i can download that file just fine. Weird.

Maybe it has specifically to do with that ks01_ogl_well_met_in_kithakiwhatever.mod file for 3.5E (which i don't play)?

Yes, i do get an administrators prompt and i did confirm it with yes.

Like I said, I don't believe it's the links themselves based on what we've covered here. There is "something" blocking the updater application from accessing the network; and it seems most likely it is something installed locally on that machine. (i.e. routers don't know about applications, only ports and sites; so router issue seems unlikely.)

You may need to go through the list of all installed applications on your machine, and make sure that you don't have any you don't recognize and make sure none of them are trying to perform Internet/network security.

You can try running demo update from another machine on your network if you have one, as another data point.

JPG

Unfortunately i don't have a second machine, but there also is no software installed that would be able to do any security stuff.
    This computer is used for three things: Adobe Creative Suite, Steam with some Games and Fantasy Grounds. Nothing else installed.

How can i uninstall FG without loosing my data and how likely is it that i will not be able to dowload anything again afterwards? That's the last thing i could try.
    If that wouldn't work, i'd ask Steam and PayPal to refund my purchases due to a faulty product in accordance to german law - i don't see what i could do here and i don't see where the issue should have come from,
    there was none when i played last week. I don't even have 3.3.10 yet - so it can't be the new update either. This is just not how good software should work. I wasted around 2 hours to try finding out what could be wrong,
    but there simply is nothing wrong.

I feel very sad to have put around 300 bucks into this software, now being out of luck.

I'm sorry for your frustration. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the software; as it's working for thousands of other users. This isn't something that anyone else is seeing, so it seems to be unique to your setup. That's what I've been trying to help determine, what is unique on your machine that is blocking.

You can uninstall FG without losing data. All your campaign and character data will stay in the place it was built; just the files installed by updater are removed by uninstaller. If you do this, delete everything related to FG from Windows Firewall as well.

Can you also provide a list from the Add or Remove Programs section of Windows with all of the applications you have installed? Maybe myself or one of the other users can spot something that could cause problems. Please don't leave any out, as the full list really is necessary to do this correctly.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information