DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The fifth bullet point reads:
    thanks! I had to google this last night and came right here... works perfectly!

I just started trying out this coding business today. I am trying to create Foe Hunter ability that reads +1 damage and crit on 19-20 vs. orcs and half orcs. The damage seems to work (I impressed myself with that! I'm a noob give me a break) but crit fails. I read through the forum and the effects page. Am I correct that this is currently not an achievable script?
    IFT: Type orc; DMG+1; CRIT: 19 [SELF]

You are correct in that you cannot use the CRIT keyword in an IFT statement - see posts above for the reasons.

Your effect should be IFT: TYPE(orc); DMG: 1
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am puzzled by one thing. "Hexblade's Curse; IFT: custom(HexCurse); DMG: 5" works fine. "Hexblade's Curse; IFT: Custom(HexCurse); CRIT: 19" does not work. "Hexblade's Curse; CRIT: 19" works, but lacks the conditional. Do you know why a conditional expression before "CRIT:" causes it to fail?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I am puzzled by one thing. "Hexblade's Curse; IFT: custom(HexCurse); DMG: 5" works fine. "Hexblade's Curse; IFT: Custom(HexCurse); CRIT: 19" does not work. "Hexblade's Curse; CRIT: 19" works, but lacks the conditional. Do you know why a conditional expression before "CRIT:" causes it to fail?
    Capitalization is not consistent with your two effects. I would start there. (i.e. Custom vs custom)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Read the posts above, CRIT is not a targeted effect therefore it will not work in an IFT statement. The correct syntax fir the damage is IFT: CUSTOM(hex); DMG:[CHA].
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It is a perplexing programming choice to have IF: work with all effect components, but IFT: only work with components that are listed as having the (T) tag in the notes. It does not seem to say that in the atlassian wiki, but more importantly it would be much more useful if it controlled all effect components. I offer that as a programming suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Enhancement requests are best tracked
    On the wish list. Link in mr Zs sig.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It is a perplexing programming choice to have IF: work with all effect components, but IFT: only work with components that are listed as having the (T) tag in the notes. It does not seem to say that in the atlassian wiki, but more importantly it would be much more useful if it controlled all effect components. I offer that as a programming suggestion.
    IFT needs the target/opposing actor as information for the code to work, and only targetable effects use that information in the code, hence, why other type of effects won't work with IFT (sometimes the target information is not accessible in certain parts of the code)

(not sure about 5e, but conditions with (T) might not work in that way, too, at least in 3.5e/PF1 they are an exception to that rule)

IF just needs the actor and you always have the actor information in the code, therefore IF works with all effects

EDIT: Not saying that it is impossible to add target information to existing effects Just an explanation about what is going on in the code and why (T) gives a hint about effects working with IFT
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 15th, 2020 at 00:29.

Thread Information