DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Ok, so after last nights session, I couldn't help but dig in again. I played around with Core, MoreCore, and Xcore. All of these could work, but it would take a lot of work to get going. I spent a little more time with the Sagaborn/3.5 and found that once I followed Bayne's suggestions, the only really issues came in when someone added a spell class to the Actions tab. So I will just tell people not to do that (maybe even remove the button to do so), and have mages list their spells in a Note for themselves. Not optimal, but it stops the errors.

Thanks Bayne! Also, I found your Forge and ordered the Strongholds ext; that looks great and should be compatible with the Sagaborn Strongholds book!

So I do have a question about editing files:

Sagaborn has fewer skills and a different naming convention. To change the name on the character sheet, I included the complete strings_35e.xml in the ruleset to set these new names. Is that the correct way, or is there a way to put a file in my ruleset that only edits that one part of the 35e strings_35e.xml and then allows the ruleset to reference the rest of that file in the main 3E ruleset?

I ask because there are lots of little things that I wish to change for labels, and if there is a way to just change names without having the whole XML file copied over, that would be better right? Like I have a section relabeled as Mana in record_char_combat . Do I need to have the whole file in my ruleset just to edit that one label?

I uploaded the current test with only files needed for changing labels to match the system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For strings just the one you want to change. Think of it as a replace. So whatever you add it is going to replace it. If you don't add then it will be whatever is imported from 3.5.

You need to read up on merge rules for changing window classes. If you merge correctly you can change remove or add the fields you want and it leaves the rest as is

I guess I don't understand the spell tab issue. If you remove the files then you shouldn't have any errors as it will default to the 3.5e ruleset
    Last edited by bayne7400; December 18th, 2023 at 16:43.

I know, I am totally confused with what is happening in the Spell Actions. In the 3.5 ruleset, I can drag a spell right over, when I use a module with this ruleset, it has a bunch of errors when I drag over a spell. Even a brand new spell and a brand new campaign.

Did you delete all those spell files in your pak? Recordchar actions and those Lua script files?

I stripped everything out for a test. Here is my base.xml and here is the error in a new campaign, with a new character, with a new spell.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 110322.png

Screenshot 2023-12-18 110305.png

Add this file.

This should really probably be an extension not a stand alone ruleset. I think it would fix 99% of your issues. (like this one)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for all the help Bayne.

Do you know of or recommend a ruleset/extension I could download to compare and learn from?

Also, anyway I can give you a tip for all the help?

Your good thank you though. If you want me to just do this for you send me a PM and we can talk. If you make good notes on what you want altered I could probably do it pretty quickly

Thread Information