DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Bug]5e Tokens broken

Fully updated.
    New 5e campaign.
    Load only SRD Monsters - no tokens for any monster that I checked
    Load Monster Manual - same tokens are gone.

The tokens are there they just aren't linked to the NPCs. If you open the assets window and search tokens for the monster you'll find the token, then you can drag it to the NPC entry. Super annoying, but at least there's a work around.

1. Drag the monster into the combat tracker.
    2. Drag the token onto the monster entry in the combat tracker.
    3. Drag the monster in the combat tracker into empty space in the combat tracker and it will duplicate the entry, including the assigned token.
    Last edited by CatDadCode; March 3rd, 2020 at 10:48.

It would seem that tokens are missing from more than just the MM; I can't find any module where the tokens are attached to the NPC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I noticed this over the weekend as well. Something broke the modules.

Yeah, it's called backward compatibility patching for two different situations. I'm working on a fix now that will work with both.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi. I'm writing this on 12/5/2020. The tokens in FG Unity are still broken. Same problem you guys describe. I can drag the token from the NPC or Encounter window to the Combat Tracker and thus replace the letter tokens as a workaround, but no tokens from NPCs or Encounter windows load to the Combat Tracker automatically, just letter pogs.

I'm using Mad Nomad's improved encounter window extension - so I'm praying the tokens will eventually work with that too - but I am having this problem with that extenstion turned off, as well.

If you guys could please communicate here about workarounds, fixes for this, etc. I am listening with rapt attention.

Hi. I'm back. So . . . I've been using NPC Flavors extension. I turned it off and the tokens populate in Combat Tracker. I really love the NPC Flavors extension, so I'm hoping someone will look into a fix. It's very helpful to be able to have distinguishing characteristics to differentiate the NPCs a little more.

I'm guessing but it would seem the token for the NPC needs to be selected by Fantasy Grounds BEFORE the NPC Flavors name is applied. The NPC Flavors thing should be for labeling purposes only, like in the Identified name or something.

But anyhow, turning off NPC Flavors fixed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rpbarrett111 View Post
    Hi. I'm back. So . . . I've been using NPC Flavors extension. I turned it off and the tokens populate in Combat Tracker. I really love the NPC Flavors extension, so I'm hoping someone will look into a fix. It's very helpful to be able to have distinguishing characteristics to differentiate the NPCs a little more.

I'm guessing but it would seem the token for the NPC needs to be selected by Fantasy Grounds BEFORE the NPC Flavors name is applied. The NPC Flavors thing should be for labeling purposes only, like in the Identified name or something.

But anyhow, turning off NPC Flavors fixed it for me.
    You should probably search for the NPC Flavors extension and see if it has a thread in the forums and post about the problem there. It would be the extension author who would need to troubleshoot and fix the extension, rather than a problem with FG itself.

Blog Entries
    Note, I use Mad Nomad's extensions and NPC Flavors and haven't seen any issues. I can look more into it after the weekend if you are can't figure it out by then.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Howdy. Thanks. I have no idea how any of this stuff works. Maybe it bears mention I have Montserrat Font ext going on and scaleui. Multiple monitors. Two sessions on the machine. Monitors having different resolutions and ratios. Windows scaling no doubt set to weirdness in like 3 places . . . Just thought I'd mention that as a possible future clue or whatev . . I have no idea how any of it works. I just click all the options! Turning off flavors did it for me.

Thread Information