DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 41 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last

-'Surge' action did not seem to be calculated off of Blood Potency correctly.
    It does do it right. Now. Have you seen the errata from the free companion released in december?

-Initiative is not tracked in the Combat Tracker. Should be calculated by; Composure + Awareness, then by highest composure, then by a d10 roll off to determine initiative steps.
    All of which can be entered into the Initiative tracker, if you turn the Initiative Method to "Init Order" in the options menu. Since I never use it, since I go for the more storytelling option myself, I think you'd need to input that manually. An integrated system would definately be welcome!

-I'd like to share my dice results rolls via chat re-drag and drop method and not show the binary pass/fail. The actual numbers are useful when showing players the mechanics of what happened.
    I am not sure I understand this. Since Vampire does not have numbers but binary pass / fail rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    It does do it right. Now. Have you seen the errata from the free companion released in december?
    The reference isn't in Fantasy Grounds, it was was we were going off of. I got it now thanks!

All of which can be entered into the Initiative tracker, if you turn the Initiative Method to "Init Order" in the options menu. Since I never use it, since I go for the more storytelling option myself, I think you'd need to input that manually. An integrated system would definately be welcome!
    Awesome! I didn't know it was there. I'll check it next session.

I am not sure I understand this. Since Vampire does not have numbers but binary pass / fail rolls.
    It's more of a tool to show my players the result of my dice roll as a numeric rather than pass/fail. Totally not required but nice to have if we can get an option to show dice numeric outputs as well.

It's more of a tool to show my players the result of my dice roll as a numeric rather than pass/fail. Totally not required but nice to have if we can get an option to show dice numeric outputs as well.
    Oh I see. Well. Personally I wouldn't expect it to happen, since it is a distinctly "not in the ruleset" thing. That doesn't mean I am opposed it. I love options. The more the merrier!

All of which can be entered into the Initiative tracker, if you turn the Initiative Method to "Init Order" in the options menu. Since I never use it, since I go for the more storytelling option myself, I think you'd need to input that manually. An integrated system would definately be welcome!.
    You can enter it, but I don't think it arranges it in order. I could never get that to work right in the sessions I've done.

But as far as the dice numbers, I don't see a way to do this. Not even just picking up the die and rolling it manually shows the numbers.

I don't think there is any automation on this. You may have to enter the number yourself. I guess they assumed that people wouldn't use the initiative system, as the ruleset heavily implies that it is a story and not a system.

There is so much missing in this ruleset that you wonder how they could charge full price with a straight face. Basic stuff has been taken out (encounters). But I know for a fact that Smiteworks is aware. It just depends if we can be vocal enough about wanting a ruleset that has the barest minimum of functionality be incorporated.

So. Please. Make posts about it. Be constructive. Show them that you care.

I don't think there is any automation on this. You may have to enter the number yourself. I guess they assumed that people wouldn't use the initiative system, as the ruleset heavily implies that it is a story and not a system.

There is so much missing in this ruleset that you wonder how they could charge full price with a straight face. Basic stuff has been taken out (encounters). But I know for a fact that Smiteworks is aware. It just depends if we can be vocal enough about wanting a ruleset that has the barest minimum of functionality be incorporated.

The ruleset does have encounters in it, though. There are certainly some things that are missing from the core rules. I'd love to see the coterie stuff more fully integrated, but our group has been playing since November, and we've found ways to incorporate everything.

I have checked this and it doesn't appear that the init changes the sort of the combat tracker. It will be added to my list of things to investigate.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The alternate rules of Initiative tracking (Composure + Awareness) are not used by every group. Could be a nice option for any who does wish to use them.

Only D10s are changed to pass/fail roles. If you need an actual number, try using "/die (NdN+N)" in the chat box. Using anything other than a d10 will give a numeric result.
    Last edited by Fear Grounds; April 22nd, 2021 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    The alternate rules of Initiative tracking (Composure + Awareness) are not used by every group. Could be a nice option for any who does wish to use them.

Only D10s are changed to pass/fail roles. If you need an actual number, try using "/die (NdN+N)" in the chat box. Using anything other than a d10 will give a numeric result.
    Yes, I noticed the custom roll have taken over the normal d10 roll nature and not sure why since you still need to roll percentages and would be nice to have dice roll for tables. Again, it's on my list of investigation and understand why the direction was taken.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The ruleset does have encounters in it, though. There are certainly some things that are missing from the core rules. I'd love to see the coterie stuff more fully integrated, but our group has been playing since November, and we've found ways to incorporate everything.
    I know there is an encounter button, under the SPC's. Which opens the Story window..... So... Where do you find it?

Thread Information