DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 41 First 1234513 ... Last
    FGC, v1.0.1

Relating to physical combat. There doesn't seem to be any place for combat statistics in the character sheet (just "name of weapon" and "damage") and the SPC's don't have a place for it at all. Is there something i'm not understanding about how to do combat rolls? For instance, the Gangster SPC has skill dots in brawling and firearms, but no weapons or attacks section. There are sample stats in the ref manual for different types of weapons, so it seems as though the type matters (pistol vs. brass knuckles vs. automatic rifle, etc.)
    Last edited by Erelon; March 3rd, 2020 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Erelon View Post
    FGC, v1.0.1

Relating to physical combat. There doesn't seem to be any place for combat statistics in the character sheet (just "name of weapon" and "damage") and the SPC's don't have a place for it at all. Is there something i'm not understanding about how to do combat rolls? For instance, the Gangster SPC has skill dots in brawling and firearms, but no weapons or attacks section. There are sample stats in the ref manual for different types of weapons, so it seems as though the type matters (pistol vs. brass knuckles vs. automatic rifle, etc.)
    Combat in V5 is so simple I really don't know how or if it should be automated. So it might not be a bug, but intentional.

First update is out...looks like they are busy doing the diligence.

FGC: 3.3.9
    VtM5th: 1.0.1

On the Character Sheet "Main" tab under "Advantages" the dots for any of the linked merits, flaws, etc. do not synchronize with the dots "value" when you open the linked item.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    This is NOT a bug.

I am quite certain that the Value is the cost of the merit, where as the dots on the charactersheet is for dice bonuses. For example the Looks merit costs 2 or 4 points, but the bonus it gives is 1 or 2. Having seperate values, lets you add the bonuses, while the description lets you keep track of cost.
    If this is intended, then my above comment can be disregarded.
    Last edited by Mokiyama; March 3rd, 2020 at 15:50.

FGC: 3.3.9
    VtM5th: 1.0.1

On the Character Sheet "Inventory" tab under "Haven" the dots for haven value give the following error when attempting to edit them. I had given the haven a name, clicked on the left-most dot, and then clicked in the text field under "Location" below the haven name when the console window with the error popped up.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invname.lua"]:8: attempt to index field 'windowlist' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (haven) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)

Hi, that ruleset is available ?

On the Character Sheet "Main" tab under "Advantages" the dots for any of the linked merits, flaws, etc. do not synchronize with the dots "value" when you open the linked item.
    This is NOT a bug.

I am quite certain that the Value is the cost of the merit, where as the dots on the charactersheet is for dice bonuses. For example the Looks merit costs 2 or 4 points, but the bonus it gives is 1 or 2. Having seperate values, lets you add the bonuses, while the description lets you keep track of cost.

Using ruleset 1.01 (not beta).

I can't build a dice pool. For example if I try to build a dice pool from Strength and Athletics, clicking the plus next to Strength and then double clicking the dice icon near Athletics produces the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_disciplines.lua"]:27: attempt to index local 'nodeDisciplines' (a nil value)

I can't build a dice pool. For example if I try to build a dice pool from Strength and Athletics, clicking the plus next to Strength and then double clicking the dice icon near Athletics produces the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_disciplines.lua"]:27: attempt to index local 'nodeDisciplines' (a nil value)
    Open the "Other" tab. Then try to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by ddblue0 View Post
    Using ruleset 1.01 (not beta).

I think it works in the opposite order. To create the same pool, click the plus next to Athletics and then double click the die icon next to Strength.

I think the system should work in either order, but as it stands may only work in one.

Thread Information