DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

No joy here... can't connect/join. LAN or WAN IP

@dastels,

This thread is specifically for resolving installer issues; which are addressed by re-installing with the latest installer.

If you are having a separate issue, please start a new thread; and provide as much information as possible to help us help you.

Regards,
    JPG

working and updating OK in my mac. But seems like the computer gets slow if I open other programs. Seems like FGU is usign a lot of resources but not reporting it in the Activity Monitor.

macOs high Sierra 10.13.6
    2.3Ghz intel Core i7
    8GB RAMT 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB

I want FGU in steam so I can buy the licence FGC Ultimate to FGU Ultimate
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Me gusta jugar Savage Worlds settings como Rippers y Hell on earth. Call of Cthulhu ed 5 a 7 y DnD 5E.
    Me gusta la musica, soy bajista y tambien la fotografia de boda en Guadalajara donde vivo y trabajo.

I’ve gotten the early access beta and found the installation of FGU on macOS cumbersome. It took me a while to actually get the app after running the FGU Updater. It was bizarre to not have the app installed by the package. It’s definitely out of the ordinary to only get an updater.

I’m a long-time Mac admin, so I also looked at the package itself. I’m not sure why everything is being installed in subfolders two levels deep under /Applications. I would try to avoid that and use one level at most, none if possible.

I would also try to eliminate the postinstall script. Just about everything done in that script could be done before the package is built (ownership, permissions) and should be carried through the pkg into the target Mac.
    - Avoid any filesystem commands in the postinstall. If a folder must be created, it should be in the package payload. For ownership and permissions, set those in the package source before building the package.
    - Although I don’t expect enterprise deployments of FGU, I would also try to avoid the use of “$USER” and definitely “~” (tilde) in any package script. The tilde will actually refer to the root user’s home directory.
    - The “open” command in the post install script is potentially dangerous, especially if the package is somehow run when no user is logged in. In that case, the FGU Updater app will be run as root.
    - Some of the steps in the install script are for a user. I would recommend moving those steps — like checking for the ~/Library/Preferences/SmiteWorks folder — into app itself, so that any necessary folders are created by and for the macOS user account that is launching the app. Installer packages on macOS are really meant to be system-wide and based on my experience, user-specific payload should be avoided.

There are tools that can help with package construction that you may be able to incorporate into your app build process. For example, https://github.com/munki/munki-pkg is well-regarded. (It comes from the Mac admin community, which has to deal with the foibles in a lot of vendor packages.)
    Last edited by jaharmi; March 18th, 2020 at 18:43.

I concur with aribethdm. My Mac is almost identical, except I have 16GB of RAM and I run into the same problems.

Yes. My bad. I found this searching for solutions to running on Catalina. I'll be jumping on the open beta.

Ignore.. post replied to wrong thread.

I am wondering if there is a MacOS Catalina friendly version of FG yet?

FGC will not be supported on Catalina; FGU already works on Catalina.

Regards,
    JPG

I've been running the FG Unity version on macOS Catalina since March. Current version of FGU should work on MacOS running Catalina.

Thread Information