DICE PACKS BUNDLE

No Benny Functionality in SWADE

Summary: Benny functionality doesn't work.

Ruleset(s): Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: Deadlands: Reloaded

Modules Loaded: Calendars, Deadlands Reloaded: Marshal's Handbook, Deadlands Reloaded: Player's Guide, Deadlands Reloaded: The Flood, DLR The Flood PG, SM Maps Terrain and Battlemats, Stone and a Hard Place Combat Map Pack 2, SWADE GM Guide, SWADE Player Guide

Operating System / Language Setting: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 / Can't seem to find the language setting, but I wouldn't have changed it. I'm in Vancouver, Canada and a native English-speaker.

Steps to Reproduce: Character or Marshal makes a roll of any kind, tries to drag benny onto result in the Tombstone Epitaph, onto character sheet, into combat tracker, or anywhere else resulting in nothing happening except an announcement that the character in question or the Marshal used the benny in the Tombstone Epitaph.

Neither my players nor I can get bennies to work by dragging them. We've tried dragging them onto the attribute, skill, weapon, damage, even the die results in the Tombstone Epitaph and the only thing that happens is when we drag the benny onto the Tombstone Epitaph which just announces that the character used that benny. We've been re-rolling it manually, but it would be nice if the functionality worked (so we didn't have to re-adjust ammo, etc.).

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with Savage Worlds, Deadlands or the ruleset to follow exactly what isn't working. If you can provide specific steps for a case; I can walk through those steps to verify different behavior between FGC and FGU, and see what I can do to fix.

Thanks,
    JPG

The reason is that Deadlands: Reloaded extension replaces Benny system with Fate Chips. Fate Chips are much more complicated system than Bennies and it thus it doesn't include automated re-rolling or any other features that Bennies provide. Automation was never planned in case of Fate Chips due to their complex system (it is easy in face to face games but hard to do as automated system).
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks for the heads up. That explains it. The new Deadlands uses the standard Savage Worlds bennies rules, so I'll just wait 'til there's an update to the Deadlands: Reloaded module.

Thread Information