Starfinder Playlist

D20 ruleset in French

Is there a D20 ruleset in French available somewhere?
    Most of my players feel embarassed with their english and before going through the long process of FG D20 ruleset translation, I am wondering wether someone has done it before.

Do you really need it? If everyone in the game speaks French you can just play in French. Do you really need to look up rules and such inside FG?

I guess some icons would have English names but it should be that hard to figure out what is what.

rv

I agree with you , but as I said "some" of my players (the younguest actually) have real problems with english.
    Some have a very poor english and others who fully know the french D20 rules don't want to go through the "guess what this in english stands for in french" process.
    They will not give FG a chance just because it is in english unless I translate the charsheet, spells, skills...etc.

browsing and translating XML files and frames is not very complicated but it will take time.
    So if there is a ruleset already available, even a commercial one (I don't mind buying it), I will realy appreciate it.
    Last edited by aikam; December 14th, 2006 at 06:51.

I´ve been wondering about the OGL in other languages as well. I believe, that before WOTC release a SRD in german/french (largest market after english speaking coountries), nobody is actually allowed to use it. That´s what I guess at least. Somebody who knows anything about this (not concerning FG, but the SRD in general)?
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

Actually, Spellbooks, the editors of the French version of D&D have published a French SRD. You can find it at https://www.asmodee.com/jeux-de-role...ents/index.htm
    The DRS files haven't been updated in a while, but they will do the trick for French players.

Are you from Quebec? If so I'm looking for a game to join and also for players for my own campaingn...

Also, having an english person in your campaign who can "speak" french would help out your younger players. Would be a good experience for both. I have always wondered how a lot of the terms for D&D would translate into french, it is not really something that is taught in my school. LOL

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Do you DM a campaign also?

Thread Information